X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Wade Boggs - My Experience

Boggs was doing the "I have everything" routine as far back as the 1980s. I twice saw people in the stands at Comiskey Park ask him to sign their game-used jerseys. Boggs wouldn't even come over, instead asking the fan what year the jersey was from. You could reply 1982, 1984, 1986, 1,000,000 years BC, and it wouldn't matter. Without ever examining the jersey close-up, he'd respond "that can't be real; I have all mine from that year". Personally, I take his claims of exclusive ownership about as seriously as I take the claim that two low-level minions in Cincinnati were the brains behind the recent IRS scandal.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Phil316
      • May 2013

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
      Boggs was doing the "I have everything" routine as far back as the 1980s. I twice saw people in the stands at Comiskey Park ask him to sign their game-used jerseys. Boggs wouldn't even come over, instead asking the fan what year the jersey was from. You could reply 1982, 1984, 1986, 1,000,000 years BC, and it wouldn't matter. Without ever examining the jersey close-up, he'd respond "that can't be real; I have all mine from that year". Personally, I take his claims of exclusive ownership about as seriously as I take the claim that two low-level minions in Cincinnati were the brains behind the recent IRS scandal.

Dave Miedema
      A+ love it

Comment

• boggs3010@gmail.com
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Phil316
        I also like the fact Wade is sporting his Devil Rays BP jacket.

Any one have the picture of Wade in His Devil Rays BP jacket?

I just bought this jacket a few weeks ago and would like a copy of the picture.

James

Comment

Working...