Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLB Rear Collar Logo Patches

What year did MLB teams begin wearing the small MLB logo patches on the rear collars of their jerseys? Thanks.

Re: MLB Rear Collar Logo Patches

Quote Originally Posted by rufusandherschel View Post
    What year did MLB teams begin wearing the small MLB logo patches on the rear collars of their jerseys? Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure it was between 1991 and 1993 - the same time they started having the MLB logo on the back of the hats.

I believe MLB teams began wearing the MLB logo on the back of the jersey collars in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was between 1991 and 1993 - the same time they started having the MLB logo on the back of the hats.
    Must be later than that because I have seen a number of shirts after that time frame without the logo. Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    I believe MLB teams began wearing the MLB logo on the back of the jersey collars in 2000.
    Thanks for your response.

Scratch that...

Quick eBay search for Game Used jerseys from various years shows 2000 as being the 1st year the 'swing man' logo appeared on the neck of the jerseys.

As far as hats, 1992 was the 1st year the 'swing man' logo appeared on the back.

- Smitty

Scratch that...

Quick eBay search for Game Used jerseys from various years shows 2000 as being the 1st year the 'swing man' logo appeared on the neck of the jerseys.

As far as hats, 1992 was the 1st year the 'swing man' logo appeared on the back.

- Smitty
    Thanks for the follow-up!

Banned

Cool Re: MLB Rear Collar Logo Patches

There are also some 1999 jerseys that were recycled for 2000 usage that have the Swing Man logo. Plus, teams that ordered special jerseys for newcomers in 2000 spring training (such as Cubs home jerseys) had the logo. Finally, while present on all 2001 MLB gamers, the Swing Man was covered up by the US flag patch added to jerseys that were worn after 9/11.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    There are also some 1999 jerseys that were recycled for 2000 usage that have the Swing Man logo. Plus, teams that ordered special jerseys for newcomers in 2000 spring training (such as Cubs home jerseys) had the logo. Finally, while present on all 2001 MLB gamers, the Swing Man was covered up by the US flag patch added to jerseys that were worn after 9/11.

Dave Miedema
    Dave -

As an addendum to this, in 1994 - along with the 125th Anniversary swing man patch on the sleeve of MLB jerseys - there was a Bronze 125th Anniversary Swing Man pin that was made to be attached and worn OVER the existing swing man logo on MLB hats.

I own two GU hats from 1994 with these pins - an Eric Young (Sr) that I got from you Dave and a Sparky Anderson that I bought directly from Tigers Authentics some years back.

- Smitty

Banned

Smile Re: MLB Rear Collar Logo Patches

Dave -

As an addendum to this, in 1994 - along with the 125th Anniversary swing man patch on the sleeve of MLB jerseys - there was a Bronze 125th Anniversary Swing Man pin that was made to be attached and worn OVER the existing swing man logo on MLB hats.

I own two GU hats from 1994 with these pins - an Eric Young (Sr) that I got from you Dave and a Sparky Anderson that I bought directly from Tigers Authentics some years back.

- Smitty
    Yep, we can't forget those, either. Some players left them on, others removed them. I know I sold you the Eric Young, but I still have one...a Cubs road Dan Plesac.

Dave Miedema