Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: World Wrestling Entertainment - Kane's ring worn mask from Survivor Series 2000

indyred - Thank you, sir! Yes, WWE used to auction off ring gear. Each piece of memorabilia came with an official WWE Certificate of Authenticity. Unfortunately, WWE only guarantees items that they sell. I phoned WWE regarding my mask and they wouldn't even consider sending a document verifying its authenticity, despite the fact that I had personal communication from the very employee who made it. I am still pursuing some sort of documentation from WWE as I feel that my mask deserves it. Objectively speaking, it is one of the more significant pieces of memorabilia out there and WWE should consider giving it their stamp of approval. Kane has only ever worn 16 handcrafted leather masks (the current mask is latex) and I am aware of no other fan who has one.

nevrdiez34 - Cool thread!

GameUsedGR61 - Those are big words, man. Thank you so much! I am aware of Glenn's involvement in the political scene. While I appreciate and agree with much of his political ideology, I hope that his bid for the Tennessee State Senate does not end up compromising his wrestling career. He is one of the only reasons that I continue to watch WWE programming.
    That's a damn cool photo. I run a Facebook group dedicated to Kane-centric discussion and we have a photo in our gallery of another fan at this same event. Check it.

mdube16 - I have seen that video, more than once. Impressive, indeed. This is stereotypical, but that is not exactly what you'd expect to hear from a professional wrestler.
    Groovy shirts! Did you get those at the same event? How was CM Punk in person? I hear that he can be quite rude.
    The pics with Rey and Taker are neat. I used to own a Mysterio ring mask. Something I probably should have held onto for dear life, but I sold it some time back.

cliffjmp33 - Thanks! I'm glad you like it, dude!

Re: World Wrestling Entertainment - Kane's ring worn mask from Survivor Series 2000

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red Machine View Post
    mdube16 - I have seen that video, more than once. Impressive, indeed. This is stereotypical, but that is not exactly what you'd expect to hear from a professional wrestler.
    Groovy shirts! Did you get those at the same event? How was CM Punk in person? I hear that he can be quite rude.
    The pics with Rey and Taker are neat. I used to own a Mysterio ring mask. Something I probably should have held onto for dear life, but I sold it some time back.
    !

Yes I got both shirts at one event. I actually had my hands on a 3rd shirt from the Miz, but i cant bring myself to pull it from a youngster who had the other half.

I have heard stories about Punk being difficult as well, but he was great with us and even chatted for a bit. I asked him if the Cubs love was real and he motioned me to come close, smiled and wispered "oh yes...thats real".

I'd say that a fan is lucky to get one piece of memorabilia thrown into the crowd in a lifetime, and you scored twice in one night?! Kudos for letting the kid have the third item.

I just finished up this collage, which shows every leather mask that Kane has worn throughout his career. My mask is #8. Because it was worn only three times, photo matching it was difficult but thankfully, Kane didn't wear as many masks as the number of bats a baseball player goes through in a season. Photo matching a game bat or something like that must be a nightmare.