Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welcome Back Bryce Harper!

Attachment 75195Incredible return from the DL for Bryce! Post your favorite Harper GU items here, and of course I am posting a few of mine...and yes, of course they are all up for auction as I type!

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDet...2c-PSA-and-Mul

multi HR bat: MUST READ description, a touching story actually
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Welcome Back Bryce Harper!

His first instructional debut bat...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDet...PSA%2fDNA-GU-9

and his AA Debut...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDet...-Bat-PSA%2fDNA

Did I read that he hit a bomb in his first at bat off the DL? That guy is a stud!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I'm more of a reader of the forum as I rarely post and don't collect as much as I used to but it seems to me it's becoming one big promo for Goldin auctions- just an observation...
    K

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    I'm more of a reader of the forum as I rarely post and don't collect as much as I used to but it seems to me it's becoming one big promo for Goldin auctions- just an observation...
    K
    I gather since it is Chris's forum and he works for Goldin Auctions he can do wht he wants. I do agree though with Kellsox sometimes all that shameless promotion gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I gather since it is Chris's forum and he works for Goldin Auctions he can do wht he wants. I do agree though with Kellsox sometimes all that shameless promotion gets annoying.
    Very interesting. Goldin Auctions actually pays for exclusive promotion rights on the site which enables us to offer the forum free to our members. With that in mind, I take it some of you also call your television provider and complain that there are commercials. In fact, I'm sure that is the case because some will complain here with a free service and the use of television is actually something you need to pay for to receive.

Even further, about 90% of the members on the forum look at Goldin Auctions' website and an extremely high percentage of the Game Used Universe members are registered bidders and receive the Goldin Auctions catalog. Ken has also provided GUU members with a promotional discount to use in the auction....something no one seemed to complain about. Not to mention, many GUU members are also consignors to the auction. As such, if Ken would like to occasionally post items from the auction, especially items that are consigned by GUU members, I think that is more than reasonable. Also, if we try to have a little fun with it, I don't think it causes any harm. Like when you watch television, if you don't want to watch the commercials please feel free to look the other way.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comparing posts to television commercials is a stretch. Now comparing them to an Internet pop up add would be more accurate. Maybe a thread just with Goldin auction promotions would allow people to decide if they want to read rather than a vague "welcome back Bryce Harper " thread with immediate links to auction items

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Attachment 75195Incredible return from the DL for Bryce! Post your favorite Harper GU items here, and of course I am posting a few of mine...and yes, of course they are all up for auction as I type!

http://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDet...2c-PSA-and-Mul

multi HR bat: MUST READ description, a touching story actually
    Is that a picture of him slamming the bat down in frustration breaking it? Hmmmmm

Ive registered, bid on a few Goldin Auctions items, but yet to receive a catalog.