Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"BATS" book by Malta, Fox, Riddell, & Specht

Folks,

In case you are interested, my sole copy of the book "BATS" by Malta, Fox, Riddell, & Specht, has been placed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280049986395

Thanks,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Re: "BATS" book by Malta, Fox, Riddell, & Specht

Hey,

I bought my copy directly from that celebrity named Mike Specht a few years ago and it came with a hand-written letter signed by Mike. Just try to top that!!! Its not for sale, but I'm guessing the value of an autographed hand-written Mike Specht letter must be somewhere in the 1 to 2 figure range

Kevin

Kevin, I bought my copy of "BATS" from Vince, which came with a hand-written thank you letter from Vince. We can start a debate about which of us has a more valuable letter.

I would estimate the value of each of your copies to be in the $700-$800 range.

With that issue resolved, the auction for my BATS book closes tomorrow.

Thanks for looking,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

For clarification, the auction ends on Sunday morning (11/26).
    Thanks,
    Reid

Kevin, do you believe that our copies of "BATS" are worth that much? David

No, I have a hard time believing I could get $700-800 for my copy. However, if anyone is interested, here is official notice that my copy is for sale. Included is a letter handwritten and signed by Mike Specht, on BATS official letterhead dated February 17, 2003. The letter specifically mentions the "binding deal I was talking about in between pages 76 and 77, so be careful in that area, or use scotch tape to reinforce these pages." I was careful and did NOT apply any scotch tape to the book. The book shows some wear and a few loose pages, but no missing or torn pages. Email an offer if interested.

Kevin Kasper
    kevinkasper@netzero.com

Reid's copy sold for $202.50.

I was blown away by the $202 bid! That must be some book!

All,

I put my well worn copy of BATS on ebay too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120058087154

I know it will bring the same joy and knowledge it has given be to its next owner.

Thanks
    David Louie