Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Re: Miguel Cabrera 2011 GU Phoenix Bat!!!

what else are you selling shoot me an email

mike

That's a first for me, seller waiting almost 3 days after receiving payment before reneging on a deal.
    Integrity is optional for some, I guess.

What's the Musial story?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    I'm selling off a few highend items to help pay for a move. Therefore, this bat shows "good" use, great tar, few ball marks, piece of batting glove is still attached into the tar, couple of cleat marks. LOA from HOF Bats. Looking for $500 shipped!
    As per the OP, this bat displays good use. Later in the same thread, Clayton admits that there is "no[t] very much use" on the bat. (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...5&postcount=27).

On the HOF Bats site, this bat is described as "[S]howing evidence of light use consisting only of a couple ball marks with light stitch marks and a single cleat mark. The handle has a light coat of mota stick and is uncracked..."

And it continues: "Considering the lack of photographic evidence of Cabrera using this bat as well as the early March production date (3-9-11) This bat was likely only briefly tried out by Cabrera and then retired" (http://www.hofbats.com/sale/Cabrera11Phx.html).

So does this bat show light use or good use? Was it used in BP or in a game? How many marks/scuffs are present? Is there a photomatch?

There are plenty of questions that still remain unanswered. While I won't speculate on that for which I don't have proof, in this case, something definitely seems amiss.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    As per the OP, this bat displays good use. Later in the same thread, Clayton admits that there is "no[t] very much use" on the bat. (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...5&postcount=27).

On the HOF Bats site, this bat is described as "[S]howing evidence of light use consisting only of a couple ball marks with light stitch marks and a single cleat mark. The handle has a light coat of mota stick and is uncracked..."

And it continues: "Considering the lack of photographic evidence of Cabrera using this bat as well as the early March production date (3-9-11) This bat was likely only briefly tried out by Cabrera and then retired" (http://www.hofbats.com/sale/Cabrera11Phx.html).

So does this bat show light use or good use? Was it used in BP or in a game? How many marks/scuffs are present? Is there a photomatch?

There are plenty of questions that still remain unanswered. While I won't speculate on that for which I don't have proof, in this case, something definitely seems amiss.
    Hello Leslie,

As per my post, I am hoping your questions will be addressed when Clayton does the following two things that I requested:

1) Post an image of the HOF Bats LOA; and

2) Post a close ups of: a) the "few ball marks", b) the "piece of batting glove is still attached into the tar", and c) the "couple of cleat marks."

Since he still has the bat, I asked him to please make sure these images are three separate close-up images of each one of these attributes.

After Clayton makes the post, which I will assume will be Monday since he returns from his international travels this weekend, I am hoping everyone's questions will be answered.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Hello out there in game used land!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Any updates on this deal?

Thanks,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Any updates on this deal?
    I do not wish to get into all the specifics on this thread. However, I will say that administrative action has been taken in this instance. This was decided as we believed it would be to the benefit of the entire community to do so.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

"Banned" nuff said!!!