Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Miguel Cabrera 2011 GU Phoenix Bat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Hi Dan,

That is actually me here as the seller in the Musial bat story. Good to hear from you yesterday as well.

Take care,

Ben
    Oh wow. I like you even more now. Haha! Good on you for handling that situation the way you did. Great talking to you as well my friend. Have a great weekend.

What's the Musial story?

Musial bat story? Please do share!...........

I'll let Ben or Steve tell it. It's their story to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    Photomatched this bad boy... so its staying in the collection! Thanks, payment refunded yesterday...
    Hello Clayton,

Given you offered the bat here and someone paid you for it, please post your "photo match" here as well as the LOA from HOF bats. This is not usually something I get involved in but I would like to see it in this case.

In addition, I would appreciate it if the people with the Musial bat story can either wait until Clayton replies before posting here or start a new thread to share it.

Thank you,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Clayton,

Given you offered the bat here and someone paid you for it, please post your "photo match" here as well as the LOA from HOF bats. This is not usually something I get involved in but I would like to see it in this case.

In addition, I would appreciate it if the people with the Musial bat story can either wait until Clayton replies before posting here or start a new thread to share it.

Thank you,
    Chris
    I will repost this here since the last post obviously did not see my request:

Hello Clayton,

Thank you,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Banned

Red face Re: Miguel Cabrera 2011 GU Phoenix Bat!!!

I will repost this here since the last post obviously did not see my request:

Hello Clayton,

Thank you,
    Chris
    Hello All & Sorry for the late response. I work 98% of the time out of the country with my new job... therefore, I rarely have time now to keep up with GUU. Again my apologies. I have a pic of the original slide my buddy took (photographer for MLB, Getty... Etc.) and he has given me a copy of the photo in which he took that shows somewhat of a match (somewhat because of the size/no very much use) . Unfortunately, I do not have the original digital image to post for proprietary reasons (as everyone is aware, anyone who works for these major photography sources have rights for their images). This one did not make it to Getty but was acquired by MLB for use/potential future use. The actual copy of the photograph he gave me is small 5x7 (Could be smaller). I will do my best to post the HOF Bats COA once I get back into the country as I am away for business this week. Lastly, As for taking three days to refund the money I apologize again. I was out of the country and because of past HACKING issues overseas I did not want to open/access my account until I returned to the USA. Thank you to everyone for there response/chiming in/etc. I would hope due to my long standing relationship/dedication to this website that it would not hurt my reputation in anyway, but everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. I know my response to this bat was completely unprofessional... Therefore, again, my apologies to the buyer/anyone who was offended.

Thank you,

So no photo match ?

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mlbforeverhomer View Post
    Hello All & Sorry for the late response. I work 98% of the time out of the country with my new job... therefore, I rarely have time now to keep up with GUU. Again my apologies. I have a pic of the original slide my buddy took (photographer for MLB, Getty... Etc.) and he has given me a copy of the photo in which he took that shows somewhat of a match (somewhat because of the size/no very much use) . Unfortunately, I do not have the original digital image to post for proprietary reasons (as everyone is aware, anyone who works for these major photography sources have rights for their images). This one did not make it to Getty but was acquired by MLB for use/potential future use. The actual copy of the photograph he gave me is small 5x7 (Could be smaller). I will do my best to post the HOF Bats COA once I get back into the country as I am away for business this week. Lastly, As for taking three days to refund the money I apologize again. I was out of the country and because of past HACKING issues overseas I did not want to open/access my account until I returned to the USA. Thank you to everyone for there response/chiming in/etc. I would hope due to my long standing relationship/dedication to this website that it would not hurt my reputation in anyway, but everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. I know my response to this bat was completely unprofessional... Therefore, again, my apologies to the buyer/anyone who was offended.
    Hello Clayton,

If you wish to continue posting on the GUU forum, I will need you to do the following two things:

1) Post an image of the HOF bat LOA; and

2) Post a close ups of: a) the "few ball marks", b) the "piece of batting glove is still attached into the tar", and c) the "couple of cleat marks."

Since you still have the bat, please make sure these images are three separate close-up images of each one of these attributes.

Since you are currently 'out of the country,' I will expect these to be posted early next week.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Hello Clayton,

If you wish to continue posting on the GUU forum, I will need you to do the following two things:

1) Post an image of the HOF bat LOA; and

2) Post a close ups of: a) the "few ball marks", b) the "piece of batting glove is still attached into the tar", and c) the "couple of cleat marks."

Since you still have the bat, please make sure these images are three separate close-up images of each one of these attributes.

Since you are currently 'out of the country,' I will expect these to be posted early next week.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Kudos Chris on stepping in and doing the right thing - I know I'd be pretty livid if this situation happened to me. Glad to see something being done about it.