Aramis Ramirez Glove

November 13 2005 at 6:51 PM Garrett (Login Garrett_Craig)

Can someone give me an opinion on this glove? It seems like it's the same model glove listed on authenticgamers.com. A photo match would be great, too! The "Josue" written on the glove puzzles me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8720711382&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Also, does anyone know if Aramis Ramirez ever wore a blue under armour wristband with white "UA" logo and a small white "16" to the right of the "UA"?

AuthorReply

Garrett
(Login Garrett_Craig)
Re: Aramis Ramirez Glove

November 13 2005, 7:12 PM
I found a getty photo match for the wristband in early '04.

Rob Steinmetz
(Login RobSteinmetz)

November 13 2005, 9:25 PM
As most glove collectors know, many pro gloves find their way to the Dominican Republic by way of players who donate them to family, friends, and other players not in the Major Leagues. These gloves typically are pro model Dominican Republic player gloves (often with names embroidered), but show excessive wear and tear. Here are two points to consider on this particular Aramis Ramirez glove:

This particular A-Ram glove has someone else's name clearly hand-written near the wrist strap and exhibits WAY more use than a Major League glove should show (especially when you consider the fact that this isn't a model A-Ram used for a long period of time).

Collectors should note that Major League infielders are playing on well manicured fields - this glove clearly was used under less than ideal conditions. In fact, I would classify the "use" on this particular glove as excessive abuse.

This is a situation I've run across on several Pujols gloves that are on the market. In fact, more than one of these gloves had someone else's name/initials written on/inside the glove. Albert gives them to players who don't have the access to equipment he does, they are used heavily, then find their way into the hobby as "game used" Albert Pujols gloves.

Just some food for thought.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz
Authentic Gamers, Inc.
www.authenticgamers.com
authenticgamers@aol.com

Anonymous
(Login Garrett_Craig)

November 13 2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks, you saved me $100.

william johnson
(Login mikedarrcollector)
glove

November 13 2005, 11:06 PM
it could also be a alex ramirez who played for the pirstes and indians glove as well. aramis does use mizuno gloves but i have only seen him use a dark brown and black in pictures

Rob Steinmetz
(Login RobSteinmetz)
Re: glove

November 13 2005, 11:13 PM
Aramis used that style glove while he was with the Pirates, but certainly not in 2005 as the auction description states. I have a genuine example of this model glove (as used by Aramis) on my site, but it will cost you a heck of a lot more than this one on eBay will!

Rob Steinmetz
Authentic Gamers, Inc.
www.authenticgamers.com
authenticgamers@aol.com