Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HR Derby Finalists Use Chandler Bats

I have to say I was intrigued in Spring Training when I saw Bryce Harper swinging the "C" bat. It had this beautiful gold foil C and the finish looked like the work of an upscale furniture manufacturer. It took me a while to figure out what the "C" bat was and after the HR Derby I think all Game Used aficianados and all pro and aspiring players now know Chandler.

Whatever Bryce is swinging should catch anyone's attention and my son was all over it during Spring Training by sending out tweets and photos that Bryce was using Chandler Bats.

Then we started getting the cracked bats in our store in Orioles Park and I see Nate McLouth is swinging the same Chandler bats. Then I am seeing the same thing in our other stores that other players are swinging these Chandler bats.

Then on the biggest stage this year in the HR Derby both finalists in the Derby, Cespedes and Bryce Harper, are swinging Chandler Bats and this thread popped up:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=56408

Someone thought Bryce was swinging another bat and I told him that he was actually swinging 2 types of Chandlers. Well, I was right and wrong. Bryce was swinging 3 different Chandlers in all 3 rounds. How do I know? I got this email from David Chandler himself:

Thank you for clarifying the details in the thread.

The first bat is a prototype the player and I worked on over the past month. He started hitting the Manhattan I during his rehab stint throughout the Nationals system. It is a 34/33 bat with components of the player's likes in handle dia., whip and run of head. The head itself has been decreased significantly to maximize resilience to impact.

The second bat used for round 2 is another variation of the above with more attention paid to the whip for e generated during the down swing.

The third bat was a more modestly balanced -2 drop weight bat which was anticipated for aiding in the number of swings required throughout the event I using practice in the tunnels between rounds.
    Cespedes swung a Chandler DTM7 which was 35/33 and 35/32. Standard issue gamer he uses throughout the regular season. He also had 34.5" but appeared to stay with the 35" which should have produced more whip and leverage for the feel he was looking to achieve.

Any other Q's, let us know - tha k you, again.

David Chandler
    RxSport
    Craftsmen of the Chandler Bat

How many bat makers would take the time to write an email like that! Impressive!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: HR Derby Finalists Use Chandler Bats

Here's the bats Harp was using in Spring Training.

Name:  DSC02265.jpg
Views: 5095
Size:  521.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I really like the look of the Chandler Bats! Wish some of the guys I collect would use one, so I could add one to the collection...

Harper sent a tweet thanking Chandler Bats after the HR Derby along with a picture of himself swinging

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    Harper sent a tweet thanking Chandler Bats after the HR Derby along with a picture of himself swinging
    Good tip on the tweet!

Bharper3407Bryce Harper15 Jul
    Gotta shout out @Chandler_Bats for them picking me out some good lumber for tonight! #HardAsARock pic.twitter.com/rxI0rfCB2k

Name:  bryce_harper_HR_Derby.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  99.1 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Todd,

If you wait, Kolten Wong will eventually be a Cardinals star in the MLB and he uses Chandler bats.

Looks like Bryce Harper is back to using Marucci.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/bryc...benches-clear/

He'll switch off, sometimes during the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Todd,

If you wait, Kolten Wong will eventually be a Cardinals star in the MLB and he uses Chandler bats.

Brian you sir are correct! I hope your more right, on the Cardinals Star part...

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    Brian you sir are correct! I hope your more right, on the Cardinals Star part...
    They are going to need some new blood if they wanna compete with Puig and the gang.

Haha...you know I'm busting your balls Todd ;-) You're my boy
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET