Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ken can you help ? Jefferies jersey

Hi Ken,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gregg-Jeffer...item2ec91281c8

Is this a scoreboard or real gamer?

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Ken can you help ? Jefferies jersey

I went to link
    Shows jersey removed

Corrected the link here.

Thanks
    David

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gregg-Jeffer...item2ec91281c8
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I do not believe that is a SB jersey. In fact, I spoke to my signing agent at the time just now, and unless someone has an ad where Sb advertised Jeffferies jerseys, I do not believe there were any tagged jerseys signed by him, furthermore it was a trademark of SB to have them signed in the front. So a back signed , tagged jersey would not be from SB

Thanks Ken. I 'm pretty sure the SB jersey were tagged which is why we typically are cautious with the 1990 Jefferies jerseys. However like you say the signatures were typically on the front and not on the numbers which makes sense.

Here is another one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Met...#ht_416wt_1158
    metsbats86@aol.com

Now I need to call up his old agent Sam levinson and ask him if he remembers the jefferies deal!

TNTtoys gives a great explanation on this short thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...oard+jefferies

A few other Jefferies Scoreboard threads exist here on the forum. If I remember correctly, these jerseys were not signed by Jefferies for Scoreboard. Apparently Jefferies has signed several of them here and there over the years though, hence no uniformity to the location of the sigs or the type of pens used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Does anyone have an old ad showing jefferies jerseys for sale by score board?
    I do not recall them .
    If you have an ad , please post it. Also, if you have ever seen jefferies signed items with a sb cert, please post.
    Otherwise, myself, my former lead signing agent, and the former warehouse manager of SB all do not recall ever sitting with him in a signing session and I do not recall signing a contract with him.
    I will wait for a response before I post further, as I have some idea on these jerseys but want to confirm my thoughts..
    Please post any ads or any SB certs with Gregg jefferies

Scoreboard Jefferies jerseys were not signed on the front. They were all Set 1 1990 homes in the same size, with the "9" patch. To be honest, the odds that you will find a legitimate gamer in the bunch is so slim that I would stay away from them at all costs. The fact that this one is signed on the back number is irrelevant; any jersey can be signed after the fact.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Scoreboard Jefferies jerseys were not signed on the front. They were all Set 1 1990 homes in the same size, with the "9" patch. To be honest, the odds that you will find a legitimate gamer in the bunch is so slim that I would stay away from them at all costs. The fact that this one is signed on the back number is irrelevant; any jersey can be signed after the fact.
    I repeat
    I and everyone I know who worked with players at score board cannot recall having Gregg jefferies under contract
    Wit his in mind, there is always the slightest chance everyone's memory is bad
    So I ask, I know there have been postings here before showing old score board ads from the early 90 s selling jerseys. If anyone has those images, please post one showing jefferies in the ad.
    Otherwise, I think these jerseys came out of either ACES or MC sports back in 1990