Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Reds Game Used Bat Bottle Openers

I stumbled across this on the Red's Authentics twitter feed this weekend. Akin to cutting up game used jerseys for cards or cool item? I apologize if this has already been posted.

https://twitter.com/RedsAuthentics/s...159680/photo/1

Peace!

John

Re: Reds Game Used Bat Bottle Openers

Quote Originally Posted by swainer View Post
    I stumbled across this on the Red's Authentics twitter feed this weekend. Akin to cutting up game used jerseys for cards or cool item? I apologize if this has already been posted.

https://twitter.com/RedsAuthentics/s...159680/photo/1

Peace!

John
    I personally think its a cool item, I know others will say otherwise, but hard to imagine them ruining a good bat. Guess they use ones where the handle breaks off?

Any idea what they cost?
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

I like them too. I think it's different when compared to card companies destroying jerseys because players break a lot of bats during a season.

I personally think it's a great idea, especially for guys that break an absolute ton of bats. Most of them are cut out of the barrel, but occasionally ones like those posted show up. The regular ones are running $65, which is pretty fair. They were asking $250 (Bruce & Cozart) and $300 (Votto) for the knob/handle ones. I love the Reds Authentics guys to death, and their pricing has always been more than fair, but that is ridiculous. You could get a whole bat for that price. I figured they'd sit, but believe it or not, both the Bruce and Votto sold over the weekend.

-J

Those look pretty cool. Kinda like the guy on eBay that makes pen holders out of broken "nobody" bats.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

They SF Giants have been doing this for awhile. I think starting early this season. Most recently I saw them do this to Brandon Crawford's Mothers Day Bat and it cost about $250..

I think its cool but if i had a choice of the bat or the bottle opener... i would have taken the bat

They've been doing these for awhile, as well as gu jersey wallets, gu ball cuff links, kinda pricey IMO!