Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

I feel bad for happyyoungster, he had that awesome Braun display with bats and uniforms. Now all that stuff is tainted.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...t=37280&page=4

Banned

Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Poor Happyyoungster, but you have to remember he probably loves Braun as a player (not a human) and never really expected to sell his collection anyway. So I doubt it would really have any effect on happy. I'm sure hes a little upset, but if he likes braun, then he likes braun regardless of him getting caught or not. It's still a really cool collection.

Its like OJ being your favorite player, than the whole murder thing happens. Well you still have great fun memories of him being your favorite NFL player on field. If you love the player for what he's accomplished and the memories he gave you, no matter what you will still have a place for that player in your heart. Its just a shame it came to this.
    OJ never cheated.....just killed. There is a difference right?

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Not a chance his stuff goes up- remember for the all of the years arod played, EVERYTHING he touched went on the market- so there was almost too much of his gear out there. Also, prices of his gu items carried a significant value based on the speculation of him breaking records- which is not going to happen now.
    Based on the timeframe he admitted to using and now this current fiasco, it's pretty clear that a majority of his career was PED aided.
    I concur with your sentiments. Most of my friends are Yankee fans, and everyone loathes Arod. I'm embarrassed to show anyone my Arod stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post

+1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    +1
    Nick, that is an awesome collection on the news clip! Hang in there with it. The majority of them cheat, Braun just got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post

Don't feel too bad.

Most of my Arod gamers are already in brown boxes and they will stay that way until I decide what to do with them.

PS. That is ONE awesome display case, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Just for the record: I didn't do this story looking for sympathy. We all make investments that fall flat...I did it because my family and I are disappointed in a player we so highly regarded as authentic. Nothing more.

Lastly, I don't need to hear everyone's opinions about foolish spending, false hope, how I should have spent my $$$ on my kids instead, yada-yada-yada...

ESPN's Darren Rovell tweeted the news story last night too