Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Yep exactly, I played college ball during the steroid boom ('00-'04), these guys have all, at the minimum, tried it during the offseason.
    +1 Hence my username. I was shocked when I entered college how many of my teammates used P.E.D's. They would all be warned when drug tests will be coming so they knew when to get off cycles. They then jump on there Anti Estrogen cycles or PCT's (what Manny got caught using) to bring there testosterone levels down back to normal at a slow pace to avoid side effects.

I remember one of my close friends/teammate and roommate show me his blood test before and after a cycle. His before Test levels were 450 range which is average. Anywhere from 2-800 is normal 8 being on the higher more healthy side. Well his test levels after/ while on his cycle were some what of 3,000 lol. They all do it because they all know its worth it to make millions in the long run. My cousin Reid Gorecki never took a steroid in his life, and just look at his career. Guys are rewarded for cheating. If your not cheating you have no chance against the guys who are. Its really sad, we need change now or our kids will think its okay.

Here is literally and figuratively.... one "dirty" ball:

July 28, 2011 Ryan Braun actual career hit #825, double #173, and RBI # 491 in 5th inning off Randy Wells. Brewers won the game 4-2 on the back of Braun’s 3/4 performance & 149th HR. The Braun photo is of his HR swing in the same game.

Even a Reds fan shares in the Braun frustration.

Always interested in Joey Votto items, particularly "hit balls". If you have an item that may be of interest, please e-mail me at plettner at fuse.net. Even if you don't intend to sell, I might be willing to trade you an item you'll covet even more.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Yep exactly, I played college ball during the steroid boom ('00-'04), these guys have all, at the minimum, tried it during the offseason.
    Haha you know it! I will say nothing an athlete does will ever surprise me. Baseball players are some of the craziest and messed up people I have ever met. The so called "good guys" are few and far between. And I bet even those "good guys" had some messed up skeletons at one point. I'd rather play with crazy people than a Tebow anyday!

Collect the player because you think hes badass and entertains you.

As for me, my only real player collection is Dustin Pedroia. If I ever find out he uses PEDs, I will laugh and say " hells yeah, what do you expect? Hes 5'8" 160!"

His admission with specific apologies and honesty makes me forgive him.

Granted I own none of his stuff and have nothing invested in his future success. Just as a baseball fan, he owned up to his mistakes and I respect that.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    His admission with specific apologies and honesty makes me forgive him.

Granted I own none of his stuff and have nothing invested in his future success. Just as a baseball fan, he owned up to his mistakes and I respect that.
    Meh... Only After he was caught Twice, he gets none of my respect!

Quote Originally Posted by MLB~NUT View Post
    Meh... Only After he was caught Twice, he gets none of my respect!
    Agreed. And it was only a losenge and some cream and it was only to help an injury and blah, blah, blah....

Banned

got to love how Braun called the test taker an Anti-Semite and that he was out to get him from the beginning.

I wish just one guy who gets caught would come out and say this.

"I'm sorry to all the fans and most importantly the kids I've let down. I personally took anabolic substances to try to get an edge on other players who aren't using, and stray even with those who are. No one had any influence on my decision to take the substances but myself. I'm human and have made a mistake that I will have to carry on my shoulder for the rest of my life. At this time I ask you please respect my decision to come clean to the world. I'm so sorry for my actions, and I promise never to use ever again. Thank you"

-Your fav player (because most likely they use)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    got to love how Braun called the test taker an Anti-Semite and that he was out to get him from the beginning.

I wish just one guy who gets caught would come out and say this.

"I'm sorry to all the fans and most importantly the kids I've let down. I personally took anabolic substances to try to get an edge on other players who aren't using, and stray even with those who are. No one had any influence on my decision to take the substances but myself. I'm human and have made a mistake that I will have to carry on my shoulder for the rest of my life. At this time I ask you please respect my decision to come clean to the world. I'm so sorry for my actions, and I promise never to use ever again. Thank you"

-Your fav player (because most likely they use)

Exactly, I don't believe Braun even wrote or possibly saw the apology, as it was sent out through PR! I want to see him sit down with baseball fans, shed some tears, man up to What & Why he felt he needed to use PED's! He needs to explain in detail why any baseball fan should want to cheer for him, and how Shitty he feels for cheating in the process... Even though none of it will be true, as the last time he Lied through his teeth!

So he apologized. BFD!

Did he get the tester his job back and pay him for lost wages after throwing him under the bus?

He admitted he used during his MVP season! Did he repay any contract bonus he received for the award and recant himself and offer the award to the true MVP Matt Kemp?

My guess would be that he was probably using as a Rookie too when he won the ROY over Tulo because of his HR totals.... don't forget that he also committed 3x as many errors as Tulo in less than 1/2 as many games....

Banned

no he didn't but the tester is suing and he will get a boat load of money. Poor man. He deserves every cent.