Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    So he apologized. BFD!

Did he get the tester his job back and pay him for lost wages after throwing him under the bus?

He admitted he used during his MVP season! Did he repay any contract bonus he received for the award and recant himself and offer the award to the true MVP Matt Kemp?

My guess would be that he was probably using as a Rookie too when he won the ROY over Tulo because of his HR totals.... don't forget that he also committed 3x as many errors as Tulo in less than 1/2 as many games....
    +1 In my opinion he's been using since college, I doubt he's played a "clean game" in a decade and him hiding behind a statement written by a lawyer does nothing for me. If he wants to get back into the public's good graces he should answer questions from the media, not issue a statement, and be honest, if that's even possible for him. In my opinion, anyone that believes he only used in 2011 to get over an injury is a fool. He's taking a page out of Andy Pettitte's playbook. Reportedly Braun's name was also in the Biogenesis' records from 2012 too, so the 2011 injury admission is already debunked.

He Didn't Offer Anything Tulo And Kemp Because They Are Using Too Just Haven't Been Caught Yet. Some Of You Are Very Disgruntled Over Peds But Collect Guys That Obviously Take Something.both Tulo And Kemp Were Awesome When They Entered The League And Still Are But Now All The Sudden Injuries Hhhmmm....holliday Hmmm... As Collectors We Need To Realize That When Players Say It's All Over The Game And 70% Of The Locker Rooms Are Taking Something Performance Enhancing That They're Telling The Truth. These Guys Get In Front Of The Camera And Bash Users That Got Caught Then Run To The Locker Room And Take Some Themselves Then Laugh. Take These Guys Off Pedestals, They Are Human Beings. If You Ain't Cheating Then You Ain't Trying As The Ole Saying Goes!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    He Didn't Offer Anything Tulo And Kemp Because They Are Using Too Just Haven't Been Caught Yet. Some Of You Are Very Disgruntled Over Peds But Collect Guys That Obviously Take Something.both Tulo And Kemp Were Awesome When They Entered The League And Still Are But Now All The Sudden Injuries Hhhmmm....holliday Hmmm... As Collectors We Need To Realize That When Players Say It's All Over The Game And 70% Of The Locker Rooms Are Taking Something Performance Enhancing That They're Telling The Truth. These Guys Get In Front Of The Camera And Bash Users That Got Caught Then Run To The Locker Room And Take Some Themselves Then Laugh. Take These Guys Off Pedestals, They Are Human Beings. If You Ain't Cheating Then You Ain't Trying As The Ole Saying Goes!!
    Bingo, get this man a Cuban Cigar!

Banned

Lol Todd thats why I have no problem collecting players who use PED. I mean lets be honest the NFL is filled with HGH users and such. I try to collect QB's as most of them have no reason to juice. But for anyone who thinks that these NFL guys aren't sauced up is out of there skull. MLB just happens to be the poster boy of PED because of the money they make.

Red face Re: Ryan Braun Suspension, does it effect how you feel about collection him?

I don't have a problem collecting game used items of PED users either, just as long as you know what you are getting and you pay a fair price. Though I do believe that saying they all use PEDs is a very convient cop out, but is far from factually accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    I don't have a problem collecting game used items of PED users either, just as long as you know what you are getting and you pay a fair price. Though I do believe that saying they all use PEDs is a very convient cop out, but is far from factually accurate.
    Mike as we know each other fairly well don't take this as disrespect but more of a friendly debate which most sports fans enjoy thoroughly. I myself like to play Devil's Advocate

Since were both Cubs fan we will use that as an example, you stated factually accurate. Can you show me the Cubs drug test list from last season, who was tested, and when? Where is your facts that 70% of the Cubs isn't using some sort of PED, right now with technology there are PEDs being developed that are similar to HGH or other steroids that just wont be picked up in a test and none of us have ever heard of. You don't think that these guys have masking agents for most of these items or someone hasn't come up with something. Come on! Baseball, football, and basketball as a whole bring in so much money, you don't think there is some kind of corruption behind closed doors. I like to think of it as thieves, some go their whole life without getting caught and some that get caught the first time, some are just better than others. Also, its what's on the banned list vs other PEDs, there are PEDs that aren't on the banned list but maybe one day will be or haven't been heard of yet.

My favorite example is Greg Maddux, velocity slowed through the years as it should, got fatter through the years as he should, and aged like you see an everyday human with basically no major injuries. Can you give me any FACTS or show me and PROOF that this guy didn't use steroids? No you cant only thing you can tell me is he didn't have a negative drug test. I can drive 100mph hour to your house from mine when you get there and ask was I speeding I say no but where's the proof, you can speculate all you want but when you ask for factual information there isn't really any out there to back up the guys that haven't used.

This is a subject that's never discussed, the guys that have relationships with players and have their memorabilia contract this is just a topic that's not discussed. I'm sure Bergie isn't asking Starlin how many times he's been tested since he entered the Cubs organization or that Damon, on this site, isn't asking Evan the same questions. Its a dark closet subject that you don't hear any players talk about except the loudmouths. For instance, Curt Schilling is very open about not taking steroids and so were some others that go caught. When you're in a car with your buddies the one that swears he didn't fart with the windows up is usually the culprit.

Ken, do you care to chime in on this topic or Chris? I know that you two have been good friends with some athletes. Does the drug testing policy ever come up in conversation? I'm sure they might of gave their thoughts on steroids but what about the actual testing process and how many times they have been tested in their career?

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    Mike as we know each other fairly well don't take this as disrespect but more of a friendly debate which most sports fans enjoy thoroughly. I myself like to play Devil's Advocate

Since were both Cubs fan we will use that as an example, you stated factually accurate. Can you show me the Cubs drug test list from last season, who was tested, and when? Where is your facts that 70% of the Cubs isn't using some sort of PED, right now with technology there are PEDs being developed that are similar to HGH or other steroids that just wont be picked up in a test and none of us have ever heard of. You don't think that these guys have masking agents for most of these items or someone hasn't come up with something. Come on! Baseball, football, and basketball as a whole bring in so much money, you don't think there is some kind of corruption behind closed doors. I like to think of it as thieves, some go their whole life without getting caught and some that get caught the first time, some are just better than others. Also, its what's on the banned list vs other PEDs, there are PEDs that aren't on the banned list but maybe one day will be or haven't been heard of yet.

My favorite example is Greg Maddux, velocity slowed through the years as it should, got fatter through the years as he should, and aged like you see an everyday human with basically no major injuries. Can you give me any FACTS or show me and PROOF that this guy didn't use steroids? No you cant only thing you can tell me is he didn't have a negative drug test. I can drive 100mph hour to your house from mine when you get there and ask was I speeding I say no but where's the proof, you can speculate all you want but when you ask for factual information there isn't really any out there to back up the guys that haven't used.

This is a subject that's never discussed, the guys that have relationships with players and have their memorabilia contract this is just a topic that's not discussed. I'm sure Bergie isn't asking Starlin how many times he's been tested since he entered the Cubs organization or that Damon, on this site, isn't asking Evan the same questions. Its a dark closet subject that you don't hear any players talk about except the loudmouths. For instance, Curt Schilling is very open about not taking steroids and so were some others that go caught. When you're in a car with your buddies the one that swears he didn't fart with the windows up is usually the culprit.

Ken, do you care to chime in on this topic or Chris? I know that you two have been good friends with some athletes. Does the drug testing policy ever come up in conversation? I'm sure they might of gave their thoughts on steroids but what about the actual testing process and how many times they have been tested in their career?

You're right, I don't have definitive proof that all players aren't using PEDs since the tests all have holes in them and I am fully aware that new PEDs are developed daily. Therefore there can never be proof that anyone isn't using. But you sure don't have any evidence that 100% of players are using either. The answer falls somewhere in between. It's definitely not 0% and it isn't 100% either. Football HGH testing is a mess and basketball's testing poilcy is a joke. Not a single basketball player gets tested during the off season! But if you assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent I hope you're never in a jury or we'll all go to jail!

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    You're right, I don't have definitive proof that all players aren't using PEDs since the tests all have holes in them and I am fully aware that new PEDs are developed daily. Therefore there can never be proof that anyone isn't using. But you sure don't have any evidence that 100% of players are using either. The answer falls somewhere in between. It's definitely not 0% and it isn't 100% either. Football HGH testing is a mess and basketball's testing poilcy is a joke. Not a single basketball player gets tested during the off season! But if you assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent I hope you're never in a jury or we'll all go to jail!
    You're right as well and I concur on the other sports topics but honestly the US needs more folks that think in this manner as a whole the US is very naïve. Everyone wants to blame someone else or have an excuse for everything. You go to these countries overseas and steal or get caught with drugs and see what happens there. I work in military intelligence so I see many things and have been steered in a direction of how I view different situations. This could go in an instance as far as cheating on their wives. O Mr. baseball player is active in charities, has a great heart, and such a good person he wouldn't do something like that. Then you ask me and I've seen 50% of the Cubs on a road trip with other women besides their wives heading to the room in arms, I've gotten a photo with a player that scooted us over so a woman could not be seen in the photo. If you are saying Arod is the only Yankee juicing or Braun is the only Brewer then I'm going to think differently. Fans are naïve to sport athletes and hold then on a pedestal and think they do no wrong so when they get caught its a travesty. This is something to where you can prove innocence this isn't getting a witness to say you weren't at this location at the time of a murder. If you want to get down and dirty 4 times a year(random) EVERY player should give a blood sample to be tested and then we will be watching high school state championships on ESPN all year.