Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need Help Identifying Autographs on Bat

I recently acquired this bat that has a lot of signatures on it, with some signatures appearing on the bat twice. The bat is a kids bat with Giants written on the knob. All of the signatures are difficult for me to try and read and I have been researching but coming up short. I tried my best to take pictures of all of the autographs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Help Identifying Autographs on Bat

the only autograph I recognize is former Red Sox hurler's Bob Stanley...Stanley has been a pitching coach in the Minor Leagues for awhile, so perhaps this is a team signed bat from one the team he coached.

I think one of them reads Vic Torres. There was a Victor Torres a hitting coach for the Arizona Giants. He passed away this year.

Eric

One suggestion that has helped me a number of times - if you can ID just two or three signatures, do a little research and find out what team they both (or all) played on. Then go to a resource like thebaseballcube.com and make a list of every player and coach on that team, with their uniform numbers. Having a list like that will help tremendously in ID'ing the rest of the signatures. If you're in doubt about a signature, Google around for an example of the guy's autograph (if it's a well-known player, eBay will likely have several). Hopefully, whoever got these sigs was just concentrating on the players and coaches of one particular team. If not, it's gonna be a whole lot harder. Good luck and have fun!

What is always interesting nowadays is that the coaches sigs are the only one that are clear. I usually use basereference but if you need minor league numbers, thecube is the place to search like Jeff mentioned.

Using Bill's clue, I traced when Bob Stanley was the pitching coach moving from Giants A to AA. Torres was a roving hitting instructor who worked in connecticut defenders in 2008. so checked that roster. using the uniform number under the sig, i was able to verify the sigs of carlos sosa #32 and pablo sandoval #35. No other overlap in the two players careers so its likely a 2008 Connecticut Defenders team bat. All for sigs were there in 2008. So you might want check there since the photos are difficult to work with.

http://thebaseballcube.com/teams/sta...Y=2008&T=12000

Good Luck and Have Fun.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I still have not solidified who this is, but all of you input has helped go in the right direction.