Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Game used bat question

Does it hurt or help the value if a players bat is cracked. The bigger the crack or split the less its worth? Could use some help

Re: Game used bat question

Id say Neither, its more Preference! Id think a hr or big statistic bat would help the value.... Such as a bat that was used o hit to hr's and a GM winning walk off! JMO...

I agree with Todd but I'll add a couple of caveats. A broken bat that is split into two pieces or is so severely cracked it is barely holding together typically goes for a lesser amount. Also repaired bats generally sell for less as well. Obviously there are exceptions to these caveats but in general they hold true. ~Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I agree with Todd but I'll add a couple of caveats. A broken bat that is split into two pieces or is so severely cracked it is barely holding together typically goes for a lesser amount. Also repaired bats generally sell for less as well. Obviously there are exceptions to these caveats but in general they hold true. ~Joe

I would second that and add on a caveat that the bigger detractor is missing wood. The more wood missing and the more prominent the missing wood is the bigger it detracts from appeal and hence value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Probably 99% of my 1100+ bats are cracked, and for me, personally, aside from what "the market" might say, it doesn't diminish their value at all.

Yes, I understand the question was about "value", as in what should I buy or sell it for, but I'm just sayin...

If a bat is uncracked, the question arises (in my mind, anyway), "Why isn't the player still using it?" With a cracked or broken bat, the answer is obvious.