Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me You Chicago Cubs Stuff...

I am super excited about the newest addition to my collection! Opening Day (4/1/13) against Pittsburgh. Bat was cracked in the top of the 5th inning. Was it used to blast the bomb in the 1st inning? Maybe – I am in the process of trying to find some good photos to prove it!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Here's a screen grab. Looks promising with those marks. Compare the wood grain pattern on yours with this one.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Thank you for providing the photo. Comparing a few of the ball marks, wood grain, label position on the grain, and pin tar pattern - I think it is a match! Thanks again for helping with the photo.

Hey guys! I think this is the thread that pushed me over the top to join GUU. My collection is very modest compared to most of yours, but with the help of Nick, I've added some new pieces that I absolutely love!

Please forgive me ahead of time if my pictures arent easy on the eyes since I'm trying to get used to the format of this forum.

1. The first picture is an original drawing by my sister in law, showing the three original members of the HOF from the 1969 Cubs. Ernie, Fergie, and Billy each signed it with the year that they entered the HOF.

2. Fergie signing picture.

3. Ernie signing picture.

4. Another original piece, signed by the fourth HOF member of the 1969 team, Mr. Ron Santo. Ron signed along his arm and it was the only piece he signed as he walked off the stage from the WGN radio interview during the 2007 (I believe) Cubs Convention.

5. Mark Grace drawing

6. Starlin Castro (signed last year at the Convention)

7. My growing collection of game used pieces. There are game used bats of (in no particular order): Dunston, Durham, Dwight Smith, Walton, Sosa, D-Lee, Jody Davis, Moreland, Sarge, Castro, Rizzo (uncracked & signed), and Aramis. Game used batting gloves of Dunston (signed), Aramis (signed), and Grace. Game used hat of Grace. Game used base signed by Billy Williams. Game used Wood jersey (2000).

8. Wrigley Field seat back signed by: Dunston, Sveum, Pinella, Moreland, Pappas, Williams, Banks, Harden, Soto, Beckert, Jody, Hundley, Dernier, Sutcliffe, Dempster, and the last name slips my mind.

9. Personal photos that I took and had autographed, from Hendry, Kasper, Dernier, and Dempster.

I'd love to see any new additions that you guys have added. I'm also at the Convention every year if anyone is ever interested in going. Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Any new items boys? I know it's tough watching our Cubbies these days, but what else is new? What's new???

A few Geovany Soto GU pickups from last month. The bat was used April 30th, 2008, for both of Soto's home runs (first multi-HR game of his career). Signed and inscribed "2x HR's" and "GU 4-30-2008". And a Geovany Soto 2008 GU road cool base jersey with great use, signed and inscribed "NL ROY" and "Game Used 2008".

A few pickups from last week, a Carlos Zambrano 2009 GU Blue Alternate Jersey signed by Carlos "2009 Game Used" and a Mark DeRosa 2008 GU Blue Alternate jersey (Tagged 2007 but held over for 2008 as the Cubs did not use blue alternate jerseys in any game in 2007 (the Tom Hellman Cubs LOA confirms this).

Just picked up a couple Grace gamers this month that I am really excited about.....
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

Here they are....
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

I am a new member here and wanted to share some of my stuff!
    Alfonso Soriano 2013 Game Used Jersey/Photomatched/MLB Authenticated
    http://www.sportscollectors.net/Photo.aspx?id=237088
    http://www.sportscollectors.net/Photo.aspx?id=236024

Starlin Castro Signed Game Used 2012 Bat Uncracked. Hammered with use!

Kerry Wood Signed Game used 2012 Jersey. (He told me he did wear it but it only authenticated as issued). Not sure

Alfonso Soriano Signed 2012 Game Used Bat. Steiner Authenticated

Darwin Barney Signed 2012 Game Used Bat MLB Authenticated
    http://www.sportscollectors.net/Photo.aspx?id=253699

I also just picked up a 2013 Rizzo Bat that I will post pics of when I receive.