Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: $50 reward! Help on Video proof for ICHIRO's ACTUAL 1ST YANKEE HIT BALL!

Thanks for everyone's replies.
    Yes, this ball was used 7/23/2012.
    Here are more pics, the ball has dirt marks:

Hope someone from MLB/YES/Seattle can help, thanks for everyone's interest!

Though admittedly speculative, that ball looks to me like it rolled through the outfield. The only possibility for that would be Ichiro's hit, but the lack of certainty is often frustrating with g-u items.

MLB.com's video, showing several angles, is all from YES. Have you tried going to the YES website and e-mailing some contact addresses there? You might get lucky.

Occasionally MLB authenticates more than one use of a ball, but that's rare. I think mlb.com's current auction has a ball that is authenticated both for an intentional BB to Harper, and also for the immediate prior use of the ball. They probably were paying extra attention because Harper was coming up. A procedure for authenticating multiple uses is trickier; maybe in the future.

Banned

I did send emails to MLB, YES Network and Steiner Sports asking for their help in authenticating the baseball, but only Mr. JJ Molesso of Steiner Sports sent me a reply.
    He said:

"You would need to contact the league directly.
    We can't authenticate something we did not witness firsthand, that's a MLB or YES network issue."

I asked him if he knows someone from YES who can help, but have not received a reply.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by al3xmac10 View Post
    I did send emails to MLB, YES Network and Steiner Sports asking for their help in authenticating the baseball, but only Mr. JJ Molesso of Steiner Sports sent me a reply.
    He said:

We can't authenticate something we did not witness firsthand, that's a MLB or YES network issue."

I asked him if he knows someone from YES who can help, but have not received a reply.
    Such an odd statement since Steiner has authenticated game used Yankees items for years they didn't see worn from the Yankee Storage room. Oh yeah, and collection they bought and resold that they didn't see signed, such as The Gloria Rothstein collection.

He said:

Alex, (hahahaha) stop trying to get a $50 gamer into a $500-$1,000 gamer.

But on a serious note, I was a little surprise that they did not keep the first ball hit for Ichiro and so forth. Maybe they did and we have no video of it.

It is very difficult to ask MLB to add additional information that would increase the worth by ten folds.

As Steinersports - they are correct about not seeing it first hand so they couldn't do much either.

As for Yes Network's different camera angels for your purpose --- you dont have enough money to get them to track down the 30 seconds worth of verification!

Banned

Hi marino, thanks for your opinion.

Would you know anyone from YES, and do you have any idea how much they would charge?

Hi marino, thanks for your opinion.

Would you know anyone from YES, and do you have any idea how much they would charge?

I will ask a couple "friends" and see what bounces back.

Banned

marino, thank you very much for your time and help!
    Will be looking forward to your post!