Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Arrow PSA/DNA old sticker

I bought an old Lorenzo Bromell Dolphins 97 jersey, one where the starter symbols are patched over with Nike, just bought it for a good wear to a game jersey, but upon inspection I found a PSA/DNA sticker on the wash tag. No number like the new ones though. Does anybody know how they kept track of the old items, and if there is any way I can look it up. I'm just curious as to what they said about it, it's history I guess. A google search has me thinking it came from a Legendary Auctions lot from May 2010. Here are some pics.

Re: PSA/DNA old sticker

Not sure why the jersey would have a PSA sticker on it? Is it autographed? I think the most likely scenario is the numbers wore off the PSA sticker. I have several of these older PSA stickers on some of my autographs and a couple have barely legible numbers because they have faded so badly.

PSA/DNA authenticated the Tiger Stadium Final Game jerseys and other memorabilia surrounding that game. So, they definitely have authenticated game used items in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    PSA/DNA authenticated the Tiger Stadium Final Game jerseys and other memorabilia surrounding that game. So, they definitely have authenticated game used items in the past...
    You are absolutely correct. An oversight on my part. I've seen several game used Tiger Stadium Final Game balls with PSA stickers on them. I do not recall if they had serial numbers though?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Not sure why the jersey would have a PSA sticker on it? Is it autographed? I think the most likely scenario is the numbers wore off the PSA sticker. I have several of these older PSA stickers on some of my autographs and a couple have barely legible numbers because they have faded so badly.
    No signature and not an ounce of evidence that a number was ever there.

Banned

Those old stickers I believe were on items from NFL Auctions and I believe they all had numbers but your number must have faded off. I believe the only game used jerseys PSA/DNA authenticated were for NFL Auctions but you can contact Collector's Universe's customer service on Monday if you want to ask them if there were other examples of jersey authentications.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but I have two Tiger Stadium final game jerseys and neither is authenticated by PSA. Both are accompanied by letters from Jordan Field with the Tigers Foundation however.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.