Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1979 Darrell Porter

Hi, Any help would be welcomed. The 2nd ever Royals game worn jersey I ever picked up was a 1979 Darrell Porter Home jersey that Had a Wreath or rose placed in the middle of the a in the script Royals. Until recently I didn't notice that this jersey was worn in his 1979 Hostess card. I know he suffered through alcohol and drug problems during his career. I never read his book that he wrote while with the Cardinals after the 1982 Word Series. Has anyone ever seen or heard why he has this on his jersey? And being a game worn jersey that I own, I was wondering if he ever wore this during an actual game or just Spring Training or fpr pictures for cards?
    Thank you
    Dan

Banned

Question Re: 1979 Darrell Porter

Quote Originally Posted by escaperoyals View Post
    Hi, Any help would be welcomed. The 2nd ever Royals game worn jersey I ever picked up was a 1979 Darrell Porter Home jersey that Had a Wreath or rose placed in the middle of the a in the script Royals. Until recently I didn't notice that this jersey was worn in his 1979 Hostess card. I know he suffered through alcohol and drug problems during his career. I never read his book that he wrote while with the Cardinals after the 1982 Word Series. Has anyone ever seen or heard why he has this on his jersey? And being a game worn jersey that I own, I was wondering if he ever wore this during an actual game or just Spring Training or fpr pictures for cards?
    Thank you
    Dan
    Do you have means of sending photos?

Dave Miedema

Re: 1979 Darrell Porter

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: 1979 Darrell Porter

Here is a picture of my 1979 Royals Porter jersey.
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images