Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thoughts on this Fonzie Mets jersey?

Banned

Smile Re: Thoughts on this Fonzie Mets jersey?

The photos look OK. It would have been a pre 9/11 worn/issued jersey, as the US flag was added to the back of the neck when games resumed after the 9/11 attacks.

Dave Miedema

Re: Thoughts on this Fonzie Mets jersey?

The Alfonzo jersey is mine. Shows nice use, has all the proper tags as all my other 01 mets jerseys; I bought it from a very reputable source, I know it's good. Any questions or comment feel free to drop me a line benjy87@rock.com
    Best, Ben

I'll chime in on this thread being that I own multiple Fonzie jerseys from this era.

Tagging looks accurate. Size is correct. Lettering looks fine.

As Dave pointed out, the lack of the flag patch and 9/11 embroidery would indicate that the jersey had left the clubhouse before the end of the season; all jerseys received the customizations after 9/11.

Only other thing I can add here that nobody else has mentioned is that Alfonzo had his jerseys hemmed straight across the bottom before wearing them in games. Unfortunately, none of the photos on the listing show the bottom of the jersey. Ben -- if you can add a photo of the bottom of the jersey, that would help.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Only other thing I can add here that nobody else has mentioned is that Alfonzo had his jerseys hemmed straight across the bottom before wearing them in games. Unfortunately, none of the photos on the listing show the bottom of the jersey. Ben -- if you can add a photo of the bottom of the jersey, that would help.
    First of all thank you Nick for pointing this out. The Alfonzo jersey is in fact straight hemmed and I'll update with the appropriate pictures in the auction. Ben

Straight hemmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images