Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Steiner Sports is out of touch with Reality

I loathe and detest the New York Yankee$ and everything they stand for...and their uniforms are butt-ugly, anyway. They are the main reason that the first rule of my jersey collection is: no pinstripes! Reading threads like this one makes being home sick almost...fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankwood
    I let him have the last word but I'm still thinking that classic two-word phrase we all know over and over in my head.
    "Best Wishes"?
    "Good Luck"?
    "Yours Truly"?
    "Roll Tide"?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard
    "Best Wishes"?
    "Good Luck"?
    "Yours Truly"?
    "Roll Tide"?
    "Happy Trails"

Banned

I am new to the site and am by no means taking sides in this arguement but I find some of the points of view on this site to be insane. I think what a lot of you fail or neglect to comprehend is that there is nothing in this world that is free. Some of you talk as if Mickey Mantle is still walking the streets of NY signing autographs for free. This doesn't happen. There are expenses that need to be met. You talk about Bernie signing which is a good topic. You want Steiner to charge $30 or $40 per autograph... HOW? WHY? Bernie Williams has not done a signing for 9 YEARS, do you honestly think he's charging $30 or $40 per autograph? My guess is he's charging Steiner atleast 100-150 per sig and that's just for a flat. Most athletes have even higher charges for jerseys, bats, etc. I agree some of Steiner's prices are high but to crtitice without fully understanding the industry is silly. Also let's keep in mind Steiner is a multi million dollar a year company, they have employees, rent, etc. This is not some guy just walking the streets making up prices, this is a business. I buy from them alot and while I'm not always thrilled with price hey if you want the best you gotta pay for it. If you want the best price and service sometimes you gotta pay. You may like driving a Kia go ahead, me I'm riding in a BMW any chance I get.

If you think that Bernie Williams charges Steiner for everything he signs, then it is you who does not understand how it works. Steiner gives the player a certain fee and then charges whatever they want. And no, Mickey Mantle is not walking the streets but neither is Bernie Williams dead. I am not asking anyone to GIVE me anything, but $400 please! It is no wonder why baseball and paid signings have such a lousy public relations reputation. Greed --and most people are disturbed by it. We are mortgaging the future by not making things accesible to kids. It's bad enough we start post-season games too late for most of them to watch but now....never mind. I've gotten off the subject now. Anyway, I would love to know how many people are forking over $400 in January for 3 seconds of effort.

Banned

Chris, I see two problems with this situation. One is you think Yankwood is kidding and giving a theory, I'm more inclined to believe he's 100% serious and speaking from personal experiences. Two this is the guy giving business tips to a multi million dollar company...very troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by s.carter
    Chris, I see two problems with this situation. One is you think Yankwood is kidding and giving a theory, I'm more inclined to believe he's 100% serious and speaking from personal experiences. Two this is the guy giving business tips to a multi million dollar company...very troubling.
    Not business tips. Just someone who's aghast that a business that is supposed to be so brilliant has nobody that knows where the records are kept that shows when an item was shipped. Is that too much to ask?

First off - I wasn't drunk - I forgot the time the auction ended and really thought it ended later in the evening. I don't know if you can snipe a Steiner auction, like you can with ebay, but I haven't figured that out yet if you can........ but to post a comment relative to me tipping the bottle and missing the auction and being disgruntled - you are way off the mark. A lot of you don't seem to understand the point I have stated over and over in my posts. If you haven't picked up on it yet, you never will. Thank you Chris for your kind comments - and Yankwood's comments are correct in the previous post.

Secondly - yes, some guy is giving a multi-million dollar company tips. It's not the first time it has happened in this country and it won't be the last. Constructive comments to my company from any person in any walk of life are welcome in my business - and that's why we are successful. Steiner will wake up and improve, as I am not the only one who sees the areas that need improvement. Jim Caravello

Banned

Ok, someone tell me since I just don't know -

Is $700 for a 16x20 autographed by Kiss reasonable?

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...owseCats=10688

Happy Holidays!

I too was wondering why you didn't bid the $250 for the Murcer pants, that's a fair price, and I agree, $1,500 is high..correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this a 7 or 10-day auction? You could have placed a bid at any time..Could it be since you had success purchasing another item at a lower price from Steiner, that you were hoping to do the same w/the Murcer pants and it didn't work out? I've purchased several items from Steiner w/o problems..I do agree that a shipping notification from them would be nice and even discussed that w/ them and they agreed, noting it would likely be added in the future.