Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

How do you Display Stitches?

I am working on a charity project and I had the actual stitches from a player that they received during a major sporting event.

I am framing these with a photograph of the player but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to attach them to something to properly frame. My framer suggested maybe we use clear tape, like medical tape that we put the stitches between two clear pieces of tape to display in the frame.

I'll give more details once the auction launches. 100% of the final bid price will be donated to The V Foundation for Cancer Research with the money specifically going for breast cancer research.

Does anyone have any other ideas? They are like flies, not easy to display!

Name:  08-02-2013 12;00;25AM.JPG
Views: 717
Size:  21.2 KB

Re: How do you Display Stitches?

Where were the stitches located? Maybe you can get a mannequin body part of the same area the stitches were located and display them on the mannequin piece and depending on how large it is maybe you can shadow box it.

I think between 2 thin pieces of glass or plexi would be better than tape. It should then be pretty easy to incorporate the clear piece into the matting or framing......good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I think between 2 thin pieces of glass or plexi would be better than tape. It should then be pretty easy to incorporate the clear piece into the matting or framing......good luck!
    Yeah, maybe one of the screw-down lucite card cases would work?

Banned

Good ideas. As for the mannequin, I want to frame this with an 8x10 photograph as I don't want the piece to be too large to ship safely. I will ask my framer Monday about putting it between two pieces of glass or something like that. I'm at The National the next 2-3 days so I'll look for various holders there to see if I find any.

Any other ideas, please post them!

Thanks guys!

I think Mulligans and Jags Fan have it right. That seems like a more long-lasting solution than relying on tape.

I'm only comfortable buying used stitches from MeiGray. Each one has a unique serial number.

I would try and put them between microscope slides.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    +1

Also, you may want to place a picture of the athlete with the stitches in between the glass & place the stitches over the picture. If a picture of the athlete with stitches is not available, I would use another picture of the athlete & place the stiches where they were supposed to be.

Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com