Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Steiner 1998 Posada with 2005 tag

Hey everyone

I just noticed that a 1998 Jorge Posada road World Series jersey sold last night for $2463. It got 33 bids including some by a forum member.

According to the photos, not only does it have the 1998 World Series patch, but a 2005 year tag, AND it's a perfectly crisp one.
    Name:  img3923834-1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  45.9 KB
    Name:  img3923835.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  33.6 KB
    Name:  img3923836.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  34.8 KB
    For those who bid on it, what was the explanation?
    http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...aunbr=76835954
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Steiner 1998 Posada with 2005 tag

Can't wait for this explanation. Has to be incorrect pictures were uploaded!!!!

In their first Crosstown auction last month they were also selling 2000 World Series jerseys without the Bob Lemon black armband.

Their response was they have no explanation other then it is a game worn jersey and must have been made up extra for the world series. They also said the jersey showed no signs of the armband being taken off. Do not know the exact date but I think they wore that armband for most of the year.

Good catch Eric; I had gotten a few inquiries right away on this--as you would expect.

I checked with the auction group, and the explanation I received was that they simply uploaded the wrong image. If you look at the image from the front, it is clear that there is not a WS patch on the sleeve (as is visible from the back).

I hope that provides sufficient clarification; it was an honest mistake, and I am told that the customer certainly received the 1998 WS Jersey with proper tagging.

Bob Malandro