Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Shipping with Third-Party Insurance

Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Shipping with Third-Party Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.
    I'd love to hear if anyone can help with this also - I've always wanted to consider another option for shipping with insurance.

Banned

Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

For me, the item was small so baggage fees were NOT an issue.

Jim

I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

Jim
    Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me. They charge you for your wallet in your back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.
    What is this company? Do you have a link? How big was your claim?

Is this eBay's 3rd party insurance? They appear to be quite expensive these days.

Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control.
    I'm not looking to get around insurance fees. I just want a reliable third-party insurance company for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Thank you, but, unfortunately, I believe this is only for eBay. And shipcover restricts you to USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me.
    The name Spirit for an airline is not particularly reassuring.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Anyone else? Has anyone ever used "Shipsurance"?

Jim
    Good one Jim!