Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thoughts on this Orioles Jersey?

I really don't collect game used baseball at all, but I'd like to pick up a Jim Johnson game used jersey since he's from near my hometown and I try to collect athletes from the area.

So, any thoughts on the authenticity and/or value of this would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231029667379...84.m1438.l2649

Re: Thoughts on this Orioles Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan0521 View Post
    I really don't collect game used baseball at all, but I'd like to pick up a Jim Johnson game used jersey since he's from near my hometown and I try to collect athletes from the area.

So, any thoughts on the authenticity and/or value of this would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231029667379...84.m1438.l2649
    I can't comment as to the value, but it is tagged by MLB Authentication:

(FJ 709076) which verifies the Signature on the Jersey (it is listed simply as an Autographed Jersey)

The seller may be reaching claiming they believe it is game used. MLB usually designates both Game Used or Team Issued if the jersey originated from the club house.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I can't comment as to the value, but it is tagged by MLB Authentication:

(FJ 709076) which verifies the Signature on the Jersey (it is listed simply as an Autographed Jersey)

The seller may be reaching claiming they believe it is game used. MLB usually designates both Game Used or Team Issued if the jersey originated from the club house.

I hope this helps.
    Smitty,

Actually i have seen plenty and i mean plenty of jersey's listed in MLB's database and "just signed" but clearly show use. Infact the Red Sox just had a huge jersey blowout before the season where i bought jersey's listed as just signed but some showed a huge amount of use. I have also bought several Marlins jerseys that just show up in the database as "signed" but are also filthy. I have some from other teams as well.

Yeah, one of the things that made me question it was the fact that it was just listed as signed, but I thought that MLB is pretty detailed in their authentication.

It's also good to know that just because it doesn't say it is game used, it could be.

But, that being said, I don't need to jump on this one if it isn't definitely game used. I certainly don't want to have my first baseball jersey be a $300+ autographed jersey that isn't game used.

Thanks!