Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brucefan32
    • Feb 2012

Re: I Collect Jay Bruce Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

Against my better judgement a lot of people have asked to see what I have gathered so far regarding my favorite player Jay Bruce, so here you go!

14 game used bats ranging from 07-2013: 3 being '09 125th Anniversary LVS ( For you R.E.) lol
    4 pairs of game used spikes
    5 game used hats including 2 4th of July's
    2 locker plates
    8 game used jersey's
    All SGA bobbles and or figures ( I Think)
    13 or so game used balls
    4 pair of game used batting gloves
    1 2 sided street banner with Jay on the front auto'ed and Cueto on the back with auto
    537 total baseball cards w/124 total auto's,61 relics,and 53 1/1's
    1 2012 All Star Game locker plate
    Fathers Day and Mothers Day armband from 2013

By no means is this totally accurate considering I have bought some more or forgot to dig it it out ,but I like what I have done and hope you do too.
    Attached Files

Comment

• MLB~NUT
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Nnunnari
      White gloves?
      Yeh, you know like Museum Gloves!

Comment

• Roady
        • Jun 2012

Great collection and stories.

I have a Jay Bruce game used bat, hat, ball, and these cleats.
        The cleats are the ones he wore in the Futures Game in 2007.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Brucefan32
          • Feb 2012

Those are nice . I don't own any '07's..

Comment

• dplettn
            • Dec 2010

Frank and "Roady":

Thanks for contributing to the thread. To be clear, I hope this thread does become a place for numerous passionate collectors to share their favorite items in tribute of Jay's career. Its fun to see the stuff. Hopefully, it motivates fans and and casual memorabilia collectors to get into collecting Jay Bruce game used items. Jay's Game Used Bats are available very reasonably from the reds: (jcline@reds.com) with proceeds benefiting the Reds Community Fund.

I know I'm somewhat unique in my passion for (base)balls, but whether its a ball or a bat, it is especially great to also see items individually displayed as one of a kind -- each is! In Frank's collection for example, one of the bats was game prepared in a unique way from the others. I'm interested to see each specific items get all the love it is due.

Also today, I wanted to share my eldest son's newest item. Not sure if random good karma from this thread was related... or if it was the full moon from last night (crazy game at GABP last night with a near comeback from 8 runs down by the Diamondbacks and eventually Aroldis Chapman's 1st MLB at bat and 6 out save)...

Anyway, my five-year-old has been persistently screaming "Jay Bruce" from the sun/moon deck railing with his glove whenever we're in those seats all season. I'd long ago given up on him getting one from Jay as I figured Jay was avoiding him based on fear of the kid's size and my little guy not being able to receive it without injury. Last night thoug, Jay walked over to him and threw him a gentle little toss. My son was grinning ear to ear and didn't finally fall asleep last night (with his newest ball nearby of course) until well past midnight.

There has been a history of good luck with Jay and my five-year-old. Here also is a picture also of him holding up the 144th career HR ball that was posted individually to start this thread. Later on the night we picked up that ball, Jay hit #148 in the bottom of the 9th off Grilli. It was Jason Grilli's 1st blown save of the season and the Reds won in 13! Amazing time, and amazing performance by Jay and the Reds!

Hand thrown warm-up ball to happy 5 year old
            August 22, 2013 (first pic)

Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
              • Dec 2010

Jay with my same happy fan in August of 2011 (age 3). If memory serves, this ball came from Miguel Cairo. Not sure whether its in his hitting bucket or whether its one of the balls that he later re-gifted with Reds tickets at one of his little friends' Birthday Parties.

Thank You, Jay Bruce!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Roady
                • Jun 2012

Brucefan32 and dplettn,
                You both have great looking families. Congrats!
                Great stories too.

Comment

• Brucefan32
                  • Feb 2012

Jay Bruce's 2013 Memorial Day jersey and pants. Some people didn't like the MLB choices for this years military colors, but I disagreed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Brucefan32
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Roady
                    Brucefan32 and dplettn,
                    You both have great looking families. Congrats!
                    Great stories too.
                    Only "family" I have is what you see here..ha ha

Comment

• SSB15
                      • Nov 2005

Impressive collection.

Comment

• Roady
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Brucefan32
                        Only "family" I have is what you see here..ha ha
                        Oops, sorry. Got your names mixed up on the pics.
                        Nice collection though.

Comment

• dplettn
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by dplettn
                          Here is a first item to display on the thread, the ball that Jay Bruce hit for his 144th career HR. The Reds trailed and the Cardinals' Tyler Lyons was 2-0 on the road with 1.29 ERA when Bruce smashed this ball into the visitors' bullpen. The blast changed the game and eventually chapman saved a 4-2 Reds Victory.
                          With only the greatest respect for the Reds' opponent tonight and the Cardinals' starter (Tyler Lyons), I hope this post will raise interest and healthful competitive spirit even further before Bruce's Reds and Lyons' Cardinals compete during the heart of the pennant race tonight. I've wished to have displayed this ball with better images than how it was displayed in this thread's opening. Such is how other items have been displayed since. So here it is again with images to recall June 8th, 2013 when Bruce took Lyons deep on Baseball Night in America at Great American Ballpark. Yes, the ball is zip-locked (to keep with me throughout this day). Whomever wins tonight, I hope one team hosts the NL wild card and both are cheered for in the playoffs well after this great pennant race has run its course. Much respect to two of the best run organizations in baseball!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
                            • Dec 2010

Born April 3 of 1987, Jay Bruce was a young 20 when he wore these cleats in 2007. Jay was drafted with the 12th overall pick of the 2005 amateur draft by the Cincinnati Reds and made his Major League debut in May of 2008.

Minor League Game Used Cleats, 2007
                            (each cleat individually signed/inscribed)
                            Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
                              • Dec 2010

Any random ball going to a kid is more important than a hit ball in our collections. Today on one of my best men's birthdays, I want to share Jay Bruce's 705th career hit.

It was an interleague play game but far important to me is the memory recalled each time I see it. My friend and his family are Rangers fans. But on that day, two men in the Reds bullpen (Sean Marshall and J.J. Hoover) made those kids' dreams come true in their choices to toss me (for them) a random ball. Two days later, Marshall again took care of a kid at Arlington Stadium. That one was a Reds fan, and the son of another forum member. I've had the good fortune to enjoy Sean's company in a casual setting. He's a pleasant human to have on this Earth; more important than his being a good baseball player.

So here is Jay Bruce's 705th hit, shared with fond memories of a wonderful weekend and other balls (not mine) for which I'm far more grateful.

If I could propose to all fellow collectors one thing... help a kid. Maybe next time you are at a game, ask the parent of a little guy whether its their first game. If so, point them where to get a 1st game certificate. Or try and help them get a random ball. Buying a random game used ball or base is a great way to memorialize a 1st game experience for those who can afford to. At the Reds Authentics booth in Cincinnati, that raises money for the Reds Community Fund and helps more kids. Few parents are mindful of such an opportunity though when they take their child the 1st time. So, make them aware! You might just help that child have as much passion for the game of baseball someday as you have yourself.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
                                • Dec 2010

On August 22, 2012 both teams were wearing their '91 Throwback uniforms. Much seemed out of sorts when Jay hit his 13th career triple (hit 586). Memorable visions for sure... and a memorable game. Jay later hit the game winning home run.

Jay Bruce 13th career triple

Attached Files

Comment

Working...