Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: I Collect Jay Bruce Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

Jay Bruce's 149th HR is a rather special one to me. June 20, 2013 was the Reds Rookie Success League's Day at Great American Ball Park. For those who don't know, when Reds Authentics sells something, the proceeds benefit the Reds Community Fund ("RCF"). For me, this ball exemplifies all the reasons to support Reds Authentics, the RCF, and Reds Rookie Success League for which I volunteer.

The kids I chaperoned that (including my own son who's picture I can choose to share here) called ourselves "Team Chapman". Team Chapman stayed safe and together throughout the day. For many of them, it was the kids' only chance to go to a Reds game. For me, June 20th was about the only game I went to all year where my attentiveness was never focused on the baseball in play. Ironically, I was fortunate enough to attain this ball. Thanks to Jay Bruce hitting it, the ball brought in plenty of proceeds to support the same cause financially to which I gave my time.

I want to send the warmest of Holiday Greetings to all Reds fans, Jay Bruce fans, and everyone here on the forum. I also want to thank fellow collectors who have shared their passion for Jay Bruce game used items here on this thread and those who will do so in the year ahead. This is not my thread but I am happy to post items on behalf of anyone who desires anonymity. Also, anyone with special Jay Bruce items for sale please reach me at plettner at fuse dot net.

We forum members can do great things and remind ourselves of the goodness which makes us all think of baseball so fondly. Member "tknorm" recently reminded me how great we can be together. With that thought, forum members who would like to purchase Reds Game Used items from Reds Authentics to benefit the RCF and its many missions can e-mail jcline@reds.com

Jay Bruce's 149th Career HR ball
    Attached Images Attached Images