Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is this a real 49ers early 80's GU helmet?Opinions please

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Is this a real 49ers early 80's GU helmet?Opinions please

Yeah I know the writing on the helmet looks like crap & I have already researched how to get rid of it.I bought this helmet off of ebay & I have 2 weeks to return it,so I need some good opinions from you helmet guys out there.Tell me what you think & don't hold back.Thanks,Brandon

And keep in mind,Lynn Thomas was a Defensive Back & would not have tons of hits on him lid like a OL or DL.He only played 2 years in the NFL & he had a fumble recovery in Super Bowl 16 1982

Know nothing about helmets but that facemask looks like it doesn't belong to helmet it's all crooked and I'm sure the the top bar should be attached to the helmet

Hi Helmet Lover, I am not a 49ers helmet expert at all. But I found this photo on the internet of this player from that Superbowl game (49ers v. Bengals). Hard to tell, but it does look like the chin strap snaps affixed to your helmet are consistent with the photo, and the facemask is slso similar. So that's a good sign!

Banned

solarity will know right away. I suggest you email him.

The helmet facemask clips are missing & I hear that those old plastic clips break after 25+ years.I hear that the ones that are still intact are hanging by a thread.The facemask has a red dot on the left side you cant see in the pics.The blue air crown on the inside has the red dot also as you can see it the pic

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingshelmetguy View Post
    Hi Helmet Lover, I am not a 49ers helmet expert at all. But I found this photo on the internet of this player from that Superbowl game (49ers v. Bengals). Hard to tell, but it does look like the chin strap snaps affixed to your helmet are consistent with the photo, and the facemask is slso similar. So that's a good sign!

Thanks Vinkingshelmet guy

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    solarity will know right away. I suggest you email him.
    Thanks for the tip!I sent him a message but I am new on here & not on his buddy's list.I hope he gets my message & thanks for the tip

I am not a helmet expert by any means but just looking at the inside of the helmet it looks consistent with other known examples. I would like to see the back of the helmet as well to evaluate the stickers.

Paul