Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

I Collect Joey Votto Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

I am a collector of Joey Votto game used bats, hit balls, and similar items. His focus and discipline and may not get the same attention in any year as a guy who then hits 40 or more home runs, but lends to his consistency. When Votto swings the bat, he does so with thoughtful purpose where to hit a line drive… or often to waste an adversary’s best pitch. His line outs are worthy of awe, and he reacts with vehement care. Votto doesn’t fit that for which today’s populace yearns; he uses a discriminating eye unparalleled among similarly competent sluggers. As Joey’s raw extra base numbers are deflated by walks, he scores runs for his Reds. He works hard to be excellent as a fielder and Votto often deflects direct praise to his teammates. Statistically, his long term importance to Reds Nation may be best demonstrated by consistent “OBPS” (On Base Plus Slugging) – north of 950 in aggregate over his first seven seasons. Joey Votto is a winner.

I wanted to create a board to showcase some spectacular Joey Votto game used memorabilia. His aptitude warrants praise among us who cherish game used items. I’d love to see unique items I haven’t seen before from prideful collectors. If your items are available for sale, use e-mail (plettner at fuse dot net). Please do not abuse the parameters of this forum to draw attention to items you intend to sell. All items shown here should only to be displayed only with the consent of their owners.

Here is a first item to display on the thread, Joey Votto's 20th career HR ball. The ball was hit into the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen at Great American Ballpark in September of 2008 and is currently on display at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum, sharing a case with his 2012 Mothers Day Walk Off Grand Slam Jersey and Fielding Glove worn in his first MLB Futures Game. When in Cincinnati, all should check out the exhibit. Hopefully this thread will tempt your senses!

Attached Images Attached Images