Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Autographed baseball

Hi,
    A while back I posted this ball in the forum autograph section, hoping someone could identify the autograph. There were a couple replies, but no positive identification. So thought I would try here.
    It is embossed TR Topps Reserve with a TOPPS certification sticker # 2482364. I have emailed TOPPS several times, submitting these photos, and each time receive a canned reply, stating they will look into it. After over a year, I doubt they are still looking into it!!!!!
    Please take a look at the three photos and email me at woodbat@bellsouth.net if any of you all can tell who signed this.
    Thanks,
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Autographed baseball

They were inserted in 2001 Topps Reserve card boxes. I believe that they're supposed to have a square plastic case with a seal on the case as well. I'm not sure about the value though.

Here is a checklist of which rookies signed the balls that were inserted in those boxes:

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/ind...phed_Baseballs

Pujols aside, thats a rough checklist.

I couldn't figure it out.

I know Jim Journell changed his signature 4-5 times over his career and I found 3 distinctive versions in 2001 alone but the flow doesn't match this even though I could see this signature and James J, Jimmy J, or Jimmie J.

Topps Customer Service doesn't know anything about cards and when that's the business you are in that is a problem. Last time I contact them I opened a online ticket, 4 months later, I sent a follow up asking for news since the ticket was still open. Then they closed the ticket and said I should call them, I did and they took the message and never called me back. Shameful customer service, with obviously no supervision or GAS (Give A S---) factor from Management.