Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carlos Beltran career HR #341 Is it a match?

OK, this bat was auth to being broken in the 4th inning on 5-3-13. On 5-1-13 he hit his 341st HR. The bat has a small G written in the barrel end. Never seen that before on any other Beltran bats. Assume it means "game". So I think I have a match on the G and on 2 ball marks on the end of the knob. Plus the timing of the use would make sense to me. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: Carlos Beltran career HR #341 Is it a match?

Looks like a match to me. If you're interested in moving it, let me know.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

136 views and only 1 person has an opinion?! Hard to believe!! Help!

Banned

Jason-
    I don't think the photos provided qualify as a true "photo match" but it sure does appear to be the same bat. I would try to pull some other photos from that at bat/game. Nice bat nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Jason-
    I don't think the photos provided qualify as a true "photo match" but it sure does appear to be the same bat. I would try to pull some other photos from that at bat/game. Nice bat nonetheless.
    I used these as they were the actual AB and were very hard to get as he was always in motion. I will look at some other ABs during the game, but then if they are not of the actual AB would they be any better? I think it is pretty common for players to use the same bat an entire game, and I think most use the same bat until it breaks....not all mind you, but from my matching experience that seems to be a common practice. That G makes me 99%....but that is not 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Jason-
    I concur.

Jason,
    Beautiful looking bat! Like Nick said, possibly the same bat but I wouldn't call it a photo match as it is not definite. To me a photo match means you don't have to ask because it is a no doubter. That being said it probably is the same bat, BUT I wouldn't call the "G" a unique mark as there appears to be a similar mark on bats used after your bat was broken.

may 7th

may 8th

Great looking bat and if you ever want to move it and Tyler passes on it let me know

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Jason,
    Beautiful looking bat! Like Nick said, possibly the same bat but I wouldn't call it a photo match as it is not definite. To me a photo match means you don't have to ask because it is a no doubter. That being said it probably is the same bat, BUT I wouldn't call the "G" a unique mark as there appears to be a similar mark on bats used after your bat was broken.

may 7th

may 8th

Great looking bat and if you ever want to move it and Tyler passes on it let me know
    Mike, you've got mail.

There is another matching mark in the pinetar, look directly below the mark you have circled, there is a matching splotch with smeared or missing tar.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Updated photo with the mark Tony pointed out.
    Attached Images Attached Images