Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: $50 reward! Help on Video proof for ICHIRO's ACTUAL 1ST YANKEE HIT BALL!

Thanks joelsabi, and to everyone for taking time to comment on and view this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did email the owner of one video on YouTube, but he did not have the part of the 3rd inning that was needed to verify the ball.
    I will pursue this angle once again, thank you very much for your idea.

It did not occur to me though to ask Ichiro directly. I do not have his contact details, nor the contact details of his interpreter. I will try to ask the Mariners clubhouse if they remember what happened in this game.

Thank you very much again Joel!

Banned

Posted this message on a YouTube video of Ichiro's 1st Yankee hit, let's see if the video owner will reply.

http://youtu.be/PQErWYBAAl4

Here was my message to him:
    "Hi Lee, I would like to ask if you have the rest of the video after Ichiro's hit? I actually have the MLB-authenticated game used ball for the next at-bat, which was Russell Martin's groundout ball. I was wondering if this was the same ball that Ichiro hit for his hit as a New York Yankee, but that footage showing the flight of the ball after Ichiro's hit until Russell Martin's groundout was not shown in its entirety in the YES network game telecast. Hoping you have the footage, thank you!"

Also, regarding your question Joel, it remains unclear if the catcher changed balls during Russell Martin's at-bat, since not everything was caught by the YES telecast.

Banned

Update: No replies yet from the 4 YouTube video owners I have sent messages to.

Still looking for help/leads, thank you!

I bought an Ichiro bobblehead off Craigslist last week. Ended up, she did (Japanese) interpreting for the Mariners. I don't have her e-mail but do have her telephone number. While this may be of some use to you I imagine it would be kind of awkward.

Banned

Thank you primera! Every bit of information helps. Please do let me know the details if you have time, thank you!

Banned

Regarding the request for additional footage, the owner of the Youtube video below replied that: "This is all I took of the event, sorry!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQErW...TV1bJ8Q&lcor=1

Waiting for the other Youtube replies, will update the thread for any developments!