Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Mariano Rivera Steiner game save balls

Quote Originally Posted by BCowan View Post
    I wanted to help with some answers to the questions posed on this thread:

1. The $442 baseballs are game used baseballs from home games Mariano has recorded a save. These balls are signed and inscribed with the save number.

3. We do have game used baseballs from games where Mo has recorded a save that were thrown by him in the 9th inning and have been offering those also signed and inscribed.

Brooks Cowan
    Steiner Sports

(First of, let me say, I am a big fan of Steinersports. I do spend my fair share on high-end items)

...But, the option #1 bothered me!

a. Why have Mo signed it AND inscribed it with a save number - on a game used ball? This would give the uneducated collectors thinking that he/she got a game used "pitched" ball from the 9th inning save - but it is really NOT.

b. What is the the inscription for option #2? It has to be different since I KNOW for a fact that the price will be more than $442. If it is the same as option #1, that would be beyond ________ (you fill in the blank)

Marino we appreciate that you're a fan of Steiner Sports, it does mean a lot to have your continued support. Thank you for that.

I'm not sure why option #1 bothers you. We are offering this option because it is a game used ball from a save game from Mariano's final season. I find it to be a great collectible item and at that particular price point something that has gotten a lot of people in the game. I don't in anyway find our selling the ball misleading to a collector, gift buyer or fan. Our web listing for the item clearly states in caps "PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A GAME USED FINAL OUT BALL, OR GUARANTEED TO BE A BALL MARIANO ACTUALLY PITCHED. IT IS JUST GUARANTEED GAME USED BALL FROM THAT GAME." I don't see how this could possibly be misleading?

We had Mo sign and inscribe these balls with his save number because they are in fact game used balls from those respective games where the save was obtained. It's the same reason we had Derek Jeter sign and inscribe balls from DJ3K, do people assume that those are the actual ball Derek hit over the left field wall for 3,000? Lots of companies and teams add inscriptions to game used items, it's a very common practice.

Regarding your other questions I'd be happy to discuss, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail at your convenience. I don't want my participation on this forum to be viewed in an attempt to sell so I'd prefer not to discuss pricing. I'm simply here to enjoy some insight from collectors and answer questions where I can.

Brooks Cowan
    Steiner Sports

Banned

What are these baseballs going to be worth in 5-10 years? Will anyone care?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    What are these baseballs going to be worth in 5-10 years? Will anyone care?
    Care? I is my opinion that, people will not.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca