Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: ricky bell jersey on American memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    Howard,

My post in this thread was specific to the Ricky Bell jersey situation. In my opinion, emailing AM on the Friday of a holiday weekend and posting that Sunday is not allowing sufficient time for a reply. In other situations, I think forum members can use their best judgement (keeping in mind varying business hours, holiday weekends, etc.).

If others have emailed AM with concerns about specific items and have given them ample time to reply with no response, I believe bringing those concerns to a public forum is a tremendous service to collectors. For those with sincere concerns that don't feel as though email is the best method of communicating with AM, I might also recommend calling their office at the number listed on their website.

In the meantime, keep up the great investigative work!

Rob

Rob-
    An auction house the size of AMI should damn well be responsive to all forms of communication including email, phone, fax, etc. When an item is brought into question about the legitimacy, however, my opinion is that written communication is the only avenue. This avoids any possible "he said/she said" scenario that may develop and likewise, allows the response to be posted here on the Forum. In the case of the Ripken and Bell jerseys, both questions were sent via email and as such, a response is certainly expected in a timely manner.

Just my thoughts.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

For a second time, let me make it clear that I'm not defending AM, their business practices, or the Bell jersey. My only motivation in jumping in on this thread was to make sure we are all following forum rules. In my estimation, allowing 48 hours during a holiday weekend (in which most businesses are closed) is not allowing sufficent time for a reply.

Regarding the Ripken jersey, you obviously contacted AM about the item several days before the holiday weekend. I'm sure many forum members appreciate your research and I thank you for making the effort to contact them well in advance of your post.

According to several forum members, AM has some room for improvement with regard to email communication. Regardless of whether or not they respond to emails, however, please make the effort and allow reasonable time for a response.

Thanks.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

I am a much bigger fan of Rainbow Mummy than I am of American Memorabilia

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTQD9RvJRqs

Has anyone tried emailing Tony Giese at AMI? He has always been helpful when I have asked questions.

tonygiese@americanmemorabilia.com

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Ok, as of 1:19 PM on 11/28/06 I have not heard anything back yet....

Jake33,
    I collect NewYork Giants games on video to help in checking out jersey questions. Do you have the Giants Bucs game from 1977? I would be willing to trade one of my other games for it. Thanks Art

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    Ok, as of 1:19 PM on 11/28/06 I have not heard anything back yet....

The item was pulled yesterday...

Congrats to all the forum members whose research has led to at least two problematic items being pulled from a major auction. Because of situations like this, GUU is having a very positive impact on the hobby. Without a platform in which to share valuable information, these items would have been sold to unsuspecting bidders. Nice work!
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Great to hear they got yanked, but IT SHOULDN"T have to come from pressure for some guy like myself from a forum. These auction houses claim to be experts, I wish they would have more accountability and do more homework, but that debate will go on forever I would assume. The only question is what happened to those two jerseys and who will be the sucker that at some point picks them up?