Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

1st game used item

What was the first game used item you had in your collection? Also do you still have it?

Mine was a 1981 Garry Maddox and I sold it and still regret it to this day.

Smile Re: 1st game used item

Mine was a 1992 Chris James SF Giants game worn jersey I bought from Dave M. I bought at the National in Chicago. Traded it away and don't really miss it. But it did give me the game used bug that's turned into 22 bats, 6 game worn jerseys and the enjoyment that I have today in this hobby.

Re: 1st game used item

Mine was a Riberto Alomar game used and autographed Cooper, Jays bat. Sold it years ago and regret it...as I haven't seen another as nice.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

A 2003 LaVar Arrington Redskins' road jersey bought five years ago off of AMI. Definitely hooked me into the hobby. Still proudly own it.

Mine is an Alex Rodriguez game used batting glove that he threw into the stands at a Royals game in I guess 2004 maybe? I still have it and will never sell any item that a player gives me or throws in the crowd and I end up with it. I have 3 bats that were given to me by Jeff Francouer, Mike Moustakas and Lorenzo Cain.

Mine was a game used baseball i caught at the Kingdome in 1995. It was hit by Red Sox outfielder Willie McGee and almost knocked my head off. After the game i waited outside and had him sign it. I still have it somewhere in storage.

When I was about 14 my mom bought me a 98 albert belle signed jersey from the soxfest garage sale. Stopped collecting cards that year and have been on game used ever since.

In 1995 I bought a 1994 Rickey Jackson 49ers home jersey that was worn the first game of the season (and his first game as a 49er). I was in the Army at the time and found it in the pages of Sports Collectors Digest.

I remember receiving it in the mail and feeling like it was a irreplaceable gem. A couple of years later I traded it with some cash for a jersey that wound up being a fake.... Live and learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Mine was a Kerry Wood 2002 game used road hat pounded with use. I had him sign it a couple years later and he immediately recognized it as his. It was such a thrill that I will never forget. It might not be much to some, but I bet I'll be in a box before it leaves my possession.

Eric Moulds autographed gamer.