Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: NFL Hard Knocks 2013 - Recycling of Cincinnati Bengals game jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    I disagree. No More J.O sports to flood the market. And a ton of teams don't sell them anymore (and a lot of teams recycle). I don't think they will be easy to get at all. You know how many nike jerseys hit eBay from now until release? 15 jerseys. Getting Nike jerseys will not be as easy as it is to get reeboks.

Nike is 100x better than reebok. All I buy is Nike sneakers, I would never ever buy a pair of reeboks. So I guess I'm a Nike loyalist. I think the swoosh on an NFL uniform is the best. Also the quality of the Nike gamers is second to none.
    Love to know where you got your facts about how many have hit ebay...Amazing!...Trust me we ALL know you LOVE Nike at this point since it's mentioned in almost all of your posts thus far.

Still would love to know why the quality is "second to none"...Oh yeah, I forgot, because you buy their shoes and think the swoosh looks "the best"...Really?? I own both and don't seen the big deal really, but whatever.

Bottom line is Nike jerseys WILL be available on ebay and other places in time... Sheeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I have quite a few GU Nike Jerseys and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for one? IMO.....There is absolutely nothing special about them at all....other than the fact that they seem to rip a lot easier.

I agree....once a couple of years go by, there will be far less of a discussion......Just like all of the Jersey Brands that came before them.
    yup! Nicely stated.

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    Only 15 Nike jerseys have hit ebay so far?

I just collect Bucs game used jerseys and these have been on ebay.

Dallas Clark Red
    Dallas Clark White
    Davin joseph White
    Gerald McCoy red

So are you saying that 4 of the 15 total Nike game used NFL jerseys to hit ebay were Buccaneers jerseys?

Jake Believe it or not I was including those Buccs gamers in on the 15. I saw every single one of those buccs gamers. They are plentiful on NFL auctions but eBay there aren't many at all.

And they do rip a lot easier due to the spandex upper.
    No, they rip a lot easier because of the over all material used to construct them.

The worst part was they didn't even use seam rippers, just a straight edge razor blade. "Oh, you want a game worn jersey from this player? Riiiiip" "Who?"

Some of us collect guys who aren't wearing #15. Many of us know some guy who signed on as an undrafted rookie, random 3 year player, etc. I happen to like Maybin but his Preseason jerseys don't exist now. The name on his Bengals jersey was removed quicker that the stubble next to my goatee
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    No, they rip a lot easier because of the over all material used to construct them.
    Yes and that material is Spandex lol

I will have to respectfully disagree about the quality of Nike jersey's being better than Reebok.

I own both Reebok and Nike game jersey's and I prefer the Reebok's hands down. They actually look like real football jersey's, not some silly gimmick model jersey that nike puts together.

Nike might have a hold on you anabolic, but not me, nor many of the people on here. There is NOTHING to make the case that the jersey's are better other than you brand loyalty.

Too bad nike isnt paying you.

Banned

Yeah Matt I agree. Its opinion based. Just like some people like there coffee black and others cream and sugar. Its all personal preference so theres no right or wrong. I prefer the pro-combat nike look, and most of all the feel. They are very comfortable once put on (as long as your in decent shape and wear your true size). I think the stretch twill feature is especially cool. The only part I don't like is the sweat box. I can tell you that I love the new nike pants over the reeboks, I know some of you will still prefer reebok pants. I picked up a few pairs and will post pictures soon.

Oh I also like the NFL shield on Nike jerseys so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    I will have to respectfully disagree about the quality of Nike jersey's being better than Reebok.

I own both Reebok and Nike game jersey's and I prefer the Reebok's hands down. They actually look like real football jersey's, not some silly gimmick model jersey that nike puts together.

Nike might have a hold on you anabolic, but not me, nor many of the people on here. There is NOTHING to make the case that the jersey's are better other than you brand loyalty.

Too bad nike isnt paying you.
    I think you hit the nail on the head, Matt...The gimmick is new and therefore attracts some people, which is cool....But, the all out, fall over, love for Nike is just weird. I think the jerseys look good enough, but to say the construction/material quality is better is just confusing.

He must be getting a Nike kickback.

Yes and that material is Spandex lol
    Yeah, super, specially engineered, deep space, high quality Nike spandex, right?

Btw, Nike made Broncos' jerseys (along with other teams) in the late 90's. They used almost the exact same construction and material as reebok (I own a few) when they took over. So, was the Nike quality bad in the late 90's??

Looks like Reebok was just following Nike's lead and giving the NFL what they wanted.