Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bounty at a poker game ...

Name:  Gronk_ProBowl.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  61.5 KB

I am a decent poker player but when it comes to game used being combined at a poker table - I become reckless.

A Game Issued 2013 Pro Bowl Jersey of Rob Gronkowski was being negotiated between friends at a poker game -- and that quickly escalated since there are a couple of New Englanders got involved.

Being a Jets fan (again, embarrass as it maybe), I just want to up the bid on the item just for the heck of it. The more money they spend on the jersey, the less money they will have at the table to "bully" others with their BS antic.

Instead of going back and forth, we all agree that it will be bounty of the next all-in with two or more parties involve - the pot must exceed $1,000. The winner will walk away with the winning pot and he will pay the minimum for the jersey (as for being minimum - it was really minimum for the NFL gamer, Pro Bowl ones).

To make this short and simple --- after about six hours play, I am a proud new owner of this jersey!

Will post pictures when I have a chance.

What you think the value of this jersey?

To me, it is more like "pouring salt in opened wounds" to those New Englanders - not only they lost out on the ALL-IN bet, they also lose out on the jersey. Win win for a little Jets fan ....

Re: Bounty at a poker game ...

Name:  Gronk_GUU.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  499.9 KB

Name:  Gronk_GUU2.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  531.2 KB

Name:  Gronk_GUU3.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  580.4 KB

As an issued jersey, I would guess around 300-350 on ebay. Im sure on NFL auctions it brought much more.

I think because it has the PSA/DNA authentication stating it was his back-up it would be worth more. Especially when he gets back to playing. I would figure you could get 500 to 600 for it. Maybe consigning to a bigger auction house might get you more.

Pretty nice home game if the pot was over $1000! What was the hand?

It was a "mutual" weekly spot.

Things were friendly until the jersey got involved.

Three-way all in. I got caught with semi-bluffing with open-ended straight and flush draw on the flop. The other two - one with KK pre-flop and the other hit the trip on the flop and went fishing.

I would have folded if I wasn't pot-committed. But when both went all in, I figure one might hit top pairs and the other might have flush draw or something. Figure I get decent odd for the return and still have 17-outs (8 for the straight and 9 for the flush) without knowing what they were holding.

With the enticement of the jersey and my attitude toward the BS bully tactic, I might as well.

The TURN turned a blank.

And the RIVER gave me a straight..... And the jersey.

(It was a bad call on my part to get involved in the 3-way pot... With the worst hand.... But the odds and outs were in my favor, which was why I got involved)

Talking Re: Bounty at a poker game ...

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

Three-way all in. I got caught with semi-bluffing with open-ended straight and flush draw on the flop. The other two - one with KK pre-flop and the other hit the trip on the flop and went fishing.

I would have folded if I wasn't pot-committed. But when both went all in, I figure one might hit top pairs and the other might have flush draw or something. Figure I get decent odd for the return and still have 17-outs (8 for the straight and 9 for the flush) without knowing what they were holding.

With the enticement of the jersey and my attitude toward the BS bully tactic, I might as well.

The TURN turned a blank.

(It was a bad call on my part to get involved in the 3-way pot... With the worst hand.... But the odds and outs were in my favor, which was why I got involved)
    What do you mean"hit the trip on the flop and went fishing"? He had trips and went fishing for a boat?

If you figured that "the other might have a flush draw or something", then you're only drawing to six outs and a big 3 to 1 dog.

So basically you sucked out big time for a game jersey! Haha nice

Quote Originally Posted by Enyouartist View Post
    What do you mean"hit the trip on the flop and went fishing"? He had trips and went fishing for a boat?

If you figured that "the other might have a flush draw or something", then you're only drawing to six outs and a big 3 to 1 dog.

So basically you sucked out big time for a game jersey! Haha nice

He went "fishing" for more chips by checking - hoping to trap. And he succeeded when KK bet and I called and then "trips" re-raised. When KK went all-in, I was pot committed - so, I might as well call.

When we all turn our cards over --- I was like, I got more outs since there weren't any flush draw --- un-match KK and one match on the trip -- so I still got like 8 out on the straight draw and 8 out on the flush. I will take that bet any day of the week.

Not a bad way to earn a FREE jersey --- right? And not mentioning some greenbacks ...

Great story & a sweet jersey. They did an excellent job with the Pro Bowl jerseys last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

The TURN turned a blank.

If you flopped an open ended straight and a flush draw (but not a straight flush draw) and you are getting 3 to 1 on your money the call is the correct call.