Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Getting Game Used Equipment At Games........

I don't feel comfortable asking players I know for freebies but will ask them for people I bring to the game.

I took Sgt. Halliburton to a Nats game in RFK in 2007, and we were talking to Brian Schneider and I asked him for his sweatbands and batting gloves for the Sarge and he gave them to him which was great.

That's not the end of the story, and keep in mind I hadn't asked for anything else although I had purchased Brian's gear back in 2005 so he knew I collected his stuff and he is always great (even now as a NY Met). So Brian leaves the field and returns with an autographed chest protector (road version) that he had worn a few weeks earlier when Bonds hit HR 756!!!

Sometimes you don't ask, and you receive!!!! Class act!

Name:  brian_schchneider_chest_protector2.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  83.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I used to go to a lot of Hartford Whalers games in the 80s. Mike Liut handed me his stick as he left the ice one night. Try to get some pics up soon

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I don't feel comfortable asking players I know for freebies but will ask them for people I bring to the game.

I took Sgt. Halliburton to a Nats game in RFK in 2007, and we were talking to Brian Schneider and I asked him for his sweatbands and batting gloves for the Sarge and he gave them to him which was great.

That's not the end of the story, and keep in mind I hadn't asked for anything else although I had purchased Brian's gear back in 2005 so he knew I collected his stuff and he is always great (even now as a NY Met). So Brian leaves the field and returns with an autographed chest protector (road version) that he had worn a few weeks earlier when Bonds hit HR 756!!!

Sometimes you don't ask, and you receive!!!! Class act!

Attachment 20440
    That is completely awesome that you were able to get something like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tknorm View Post
    Lokee, do you mind sharing pix of your Mike Cameron GU jersey? You can also send them by e-mail if you prefer.

thx,
    thomaskirk@cinci.rr.com
    Iam in the process of moving and all my game stuff is in storage. I plan on making a webpage for all my stuff once I get settled in. Iam excited Iam going from a 900sq foot house to over 2300sq feet. I will have a room dedicated to all my stuff. So in a couple months I hope to have photo documentation of all my item for insurance purposes as well. Thanks for the interest.

My success rate when asking was about 25% last season. I tried probably on 12 occasions and 3 players gave me a cracked bat (or bats). Most of the other times someone else got the cracked bat, but the player did give it away. One player gave me all 3 cracked bats that were in the dugout, but I was unsure which one he cracked, although two of the three had team names on them (Nashua Pride and Jackhammers). In total, I got 5 cracked bats last season, but attended many games where I did not ask or no cracked bats occurred. Only 1 bat had a player name on it and that was from the Arizona Fall League when I was there for a week. In the AFL, there was plenty of people from the area that you had to compete with.

Chris

Last season after Carlos Beltran struck out after an AB he took his bat and toss it to fans over the Mets dugout.

Here are photos the non-preferred method of getting game used bats at a game.

Not for the faint hearted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Last season after Carlos Beltran struck out after an AB he took his bat and toss it to fans over the Mets dugout.

Here are photos the non-preferred method of getting game used bats at a game.

Not for the faint hearted.
    Easy souvenirs, if your paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by grenda12 View Post
    Easy souvenirs, if your paying attention.
    +1 !

This past season at a Braves game, Mark Teixeira let go and his bat flung towards me above the dugout. I literally lunged towards the bat instead of flinching . I wanted that bat once I saw it was in the air and I jumped up trying to get it in the air, but it landed another section over.

I'm going to be watching BP from the field behind the batting cage for a game this year. I'm going to try getting something, but don't wanna sounds like a greedy SOB.