Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Muhammad Ali robe / shorts help needed

Yea but the other half isn't

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I'd pay $2500.00 for the pair today so it gives you an idea what they are worth to sell to an autograph dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    You can find these on eBay for 500 a piece from time to time
    Show me a real robe or real shorts that have sold on eBay for $500.00 or so in the past year and I'll believe that statement. Robes and shorts have dried up at auction on eBay. I bought a pair of Ali trunks with a faded signature last week for $700.00 and that was the best price I've seen in over a year!

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    Half of ali stuff on ebay is 100% fake..
    Half the Ali stuff? Try more like 75%! And yes, there is certified stuff that is fake by some of the big name companies. I'm embarrassed to see some of the stuff JSA has certified that isn't close. There are others who I won't name that had items that PSA/DNA won't pass which is scary!

Yea but the other half isn't
    Again, back up your statement about these being available for $500.00. I saw pictures and stated I would pay $2500.00 for these exact trunks and robe and I'm one of the strongest buyers of genuine Muhammad Ali signatures in the world.

If there are any bargains on eBay, I'm probably the one buying them.

Joel,

You mention you would pay 2500 for the set. What is the full blown retail for the set ? Would you say about 5,000 ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Show me a real robe or real shorts that have sold on eBay for $500.00 or so in the past year and I'll believe that statement. Robes and shorts have dried up at auction on eBay. I bought a pair of Ali trunks with a faded signature last week for $700.00 and that was the best price I've seen in over a year!

Half the Ali stuff? Try more like 75%! And yes, there is certified stuff that is fake by some of the big name companies. I'm embarrassed to see some of the stuff JSA has certified that isn't close. There are others who I won't name that had items that PSA/DNA won't pass which is scary!

Again, back up your statement about these being available for $500.00. I saw pictures and stated I would pay $2500.00 for these exact trunks and robe and I'm one of the strongest buyers of genuine Muhammad Ali signatures in the world.

If there are any bargains on eBay, I'm probably the one buying them.
    Cool beans.....I'm saying you can find a bargain every now and then of authentic Ali autos on eBay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Joel,

You mention you would pay 2500 for the set. What is the full blown retail for the set ? Would you say about 5,000 ?
    $5000 would be pushing it, but properly certified I would say $4000 wouldn't too far off.

Cool beans.....I'm saying you can find a bargain every now and then of authentic Ali autos on eBay.
    Yes far and few between but there are a few bargains.

Has anyone ever seen Ali write out the date? I only have seen him number the date never write it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Has anyone ever seen Ali write out the date? I only have seen him number the date never write it out.
    this date inscription is referring to the signing date? the date is after he retired but before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's? So maybe for the time period yes.

Heres another example.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    this date inscription is referring to the signing date? the date is after he retired but before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's? So maybe for the time period yes.

Heres another example.
    Thank you.

These pictures should put any questions about authenticity to rest. The signatures passed without issue, in fact, the Spence team at the Valley Forge Show remarked how beautiful the signatures were.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I'd be interested in buying if they are for sale.

djob0001@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Dave