Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

whats it worth? White Sox game used items

I was lucky enough to obtain a set of A.J Pierzynski's catchers gear before he left Chicago. I have a game used chest protector and both of his full shin guards. How do I know they are authentic?, I actually met A.J. at a signing and showed them to him. He asked me where I got them and then signed all 3 and wrote Game used on the chest protector too. Any idea the value?

Also, I have a 2005 world series FULL game 2 ticket that I had Scotty Pods and Paul Konerko sign. (this was the game that Konerko crushed a grandslam and scotty pods hit the walk off home run). Any guess on Value? Thanks

GO SOX

Re: whats it worth? White Sox game used items

No idea on the value but if your interested in selling I would be interested.

To me it depends. Did you he cut the top of the chest protector that has AJ embroidered on it?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    I was lucky enough to obtain a set of A.J Pierzynski's catchers gear before he left Chicago. I have a game used chest protector and both of his full shin guards. How do I know they are authentic?, I actually met A.J. at a signing and showed them to him. He asked me where I got them and then signed all 3 and wrote Game used on the chest protector too. Any idea the value?

Also, I have a 2005 world series FULL game 2 ticket that I had Scotty Pods and Paul Konerko sign. (this was the game that Konerko crushed a grandslam and scotty pods hit the walk off home run). Any guess on Value? Thanks

GO SOX
    I know when Geovany Soto left town his game used and autographed catchers gear was selling for about $100.00 a set with very little interest. AJ won a World Series, so I assume him equipment would be worth more than that but I have found most common player catchers gear doesn't sell for very much as it is hard to display and store being bulky.

Yes, He did cut the AJ from the top of the protector...I think it displays on the wall cool, so I was just curious of the value...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I know when Geovany Soto left town his game used and autographed catchers gear was selling for about $100.00 a set with very little interest. AJ won a World Series, so I assume him equipment would be worth more than that but I have found most common player catchers gear doesn't sell for very much as it is hard to display and store being bulky.

WHERE CAN I GET SOTO SETS FOR 100$ I'LL TAKE EVERY SET YOU CAN FIND. IF YOU HAVE AN IMAGINATION CATCHERS GEAR DISPLAYS VERY WELL. ALSO WHY DO PEOPLE STORE THINGS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ROOM TO DISPLAY AN ITEM OR ITS NOT AN INVESTMENT ITEM THEN PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE THAT WILL APPRECIATE IT AND DISPLAY IT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jbean023 View Post
    WHERE CAN I GET SOTO SETS FOR 100$ I'LL TAKE EVERY SET YOU CAN FIND. IF YOU HAVE AN IMAGINATION CATCHERS GEAR DISPLAYS VERY WELL. ALSO WHY DO PEOPLE STORE THINGS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ROOM TO DISPLAY AN ITEM OR ITS NOT AN INVESTMENT ITEM THEN PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE THAT WILL APPRECIATE IT AND DISPLAY IT.
    They were bulked out at previous Cubs Convention and all sold. The seller was very happy to see them gone from their inventory.

My experience with Catchers Gear ranges from $200 for low-end players to $1000 for All Star sets. I am not familiar with the value of AJ items, but can tell you that I have purchased a few sets over the years of Indians gear including Victor Martinez, Carlos Santana and Sandy Alomar (Indians). The Martinez and Santana gear is probably worth a little less than I paid now. Based on my experience, I would estimate AJs gear would be worth $400-$500 plus or minus. You may get more in an auction or from a big AJ collector.

The removal of the AJ embroidery takes away from the value IMO. AJ does this on his own. I know, because I asked him about it. He doesn't like seeing his stuff out there....so he will do stuff like cutting off his embroidery to "lessen" the value. He says he doesn't give away any of his stuff, but when he does (like for Sox charity, he cuts off the embroidery.)

He keeps his stuff which he feels gives it value and keeps it in the family. Anything out there like cleats and catcher's gear he considers stolen and will question you all day on it. I've been questioned by him, and his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Desi View Post
    The removal of the AJ embroidery takes away from the value IMO. AJ does this on his own. I know, because I asked him about it. He doesn't like seeing his stuff out there....so he will do stuff like cutting off his embroidery to "lessen" the value. He says he doesn't give away any of his stuff, but when he does (like for Sox charity, he cuts off the embroidery.)

He keeps his stuff which he feels gives it value and keeps it in the family. Anything out there like cleats and catcher's gear he considers stolen and will question you all day on it. I've been questioned by him, and his agent.
    WOW! I hate players like that. I have seen a few on eBay but was skeptical because of the name not being there. How can you tell if it was one of his chest protectors without the stitching?