Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J.O. Sports?

J.O. Sports?

I'm wondering what happened to most of J.O.'s inventory? There is hardly anything left on their site from whatever NFL teams are listed and some teams they had are gone completely. I highly doubt most of the stuff they had listed was sold unless someone did a bulk buy from them. Is this the beginning of the end for them?

Banned

Re: J.O. Sports?

out of business

Banned

they auctioned all there stuff with no reserves over past year., they have been out of business for a while (no new stock) only ran auction and eBay. Karma bit the owner in the ass. While J.O sports was 10000% legit and sold nothing but authentic game used items directly from the teams they had contracts with. His business was tarnished due to a stupid decision he made about 8 years or so ago. He was obtaining issued jerseys and marking them to look used, as well as making fake paper work and selling to card companies for big dollars. He then purchased contracts from teams for his new company he was starting called J.O sports co. Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass. Teams saw that he scammed 8 years ago as it hit the news a year ago and they decided to pull there contracts with the company.

It just goes to show you. In this business there is no hiding behind aliases. Theres no running from big Corpo (The Man). You make 1 mistake and just pull 1 scam and its all it takes to come back to haunt you years later.

He had a great thing going in, pulling in big dollars with J.O sports. More and more teams wanted to work with J.O and they were getting exclusive deals. If someone wanted a legit gamer they would go to J.O to get it. He was on top of the world, and he threw everything down the drain with 1 mistake he made over 8 years ago.

Mulligans can fill you in better I'm sure, as he is an Alias/scam artist catcher expert.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolicollege17 View Post
    Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass.
    Do you have any proof to back up this statement? I never heard of any high end companies with endless amounts of dollars proving JO Sports was guilty - I thought they were charged by the FBI.

Were there lawsuits I didn't hear about?

they auctioned all there stuff with no reserves over past year., they have been out of business for a while (no new stock) only ran auction and eBay. Karma bit the owner in the ass. While J.O sports was 10000% legit and sold nothing but authentic game used items directly from the teams they had contracts with. His business was tarnished due to a stupid decision he made about 8 years or so ago. He was obtaining issued jerseys and marking them to look used, as well as making fake paper work and selling to card companies for big dollars. He then purchased contracts from teams for his new company he was starting called J.O sports co. Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass. Teams saw that he scammed 8 years ago as it hit the news a year ago and they decided to pull there contracts with the company.

It just goes to show you. In this business there is no hiding behind aliases. Theres no running from big Corpo (The Man). You make 1 mistake and just pull 1 scam and its all it takes to come back to haunt you years later.

He had a great thing going in, pulling in big dollars with J.O sports. More and more teams wanted to work with J.O and they were getting exclusive deals. If someone wanted a legit gamer they would go to J.O to get it. He was on top of the world, and he threw everything down the drain with 1 mistake he made over 8 years ago.

Mulligans can fill you in better I'm sure, as he is an Alias/scam artist catcher expert.
    While parts of this story by anabolic are true some facts you are not correct on.

Just mentioning a bit of general information here. As we've discussed elsewhere, it seems that the golden era of team contracts is coming to an end unless the numbers change. These days, most companies entering contracts to buy game-used equipment directly from the teams are having trouble making their money back. No one is buying common jerseys, helmets or pants (unless the price is so ridiculously low that you can't pass it up).

It seems to me that the common stuff is supposed to give these companies their profit, after the star and semi-star items pay for most the deal. When the common items (i.e. profit items) collect dust, it doesn't work well for most business models.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

out of business
    Weird, because I got an email from them about 2 weeks ago with some very high end items being offered.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Trsent your right it was the FBI. But the the companies that got ripped off pursued them to take action for high end mail fraud.

J.O is out of business. The fact that they are sending you emails on high end items is them winning them through NFL auctions or other auction houses then reselling them to you for a much higher price. Everything seems to be in private with them now. No more open new sales listed on there web site anymore. Its all old stuff there trying to dump for w.e they can get.

Banned

And Ivy the fact they are emailing clients about the high end items and not just listing them on there website is for a reason. They know what there doing. Its because there name is forever tarnished (keep in mind I liked them, and never had any problems with anything they sold) and they don't want to get more fuel to fire by posting those high end items for 5-10k while the same exact jersey was sold for 1-2k on NFL auctions a week prior. Price boosting is totally legal, but coming from J.O sports if they listed them publicly it would be a bad P.R move.

Anabolicollege17 posting some of his opinions as facts?

C'mon, now...I don't believe it.