Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posada bat

mosapie

posada bat

Hey:

Just won the following Posada bat. How does it look? I'm not too familiar with his stuff, so all comments would be appreciated. Steiner cert. looks good.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: posada bat

This is a typical Luis Sojo tape job. I have also seen Sojo's bats with Posada-type tape jobs. More than just a couple. My feeling is that they shared bats similar to Tino M. and Boggs when they played together with the Yanks.

mosapie

Thanks. So, I guess either Sojo/Posada could have used the bat?

Does the wear on the handle underneath the tape indicate anything (indicative of who may have used the bat first)?

Here's the cert. that was missing.

Oh, I believe I purchased your Tino bat. Looking forward to it!

I'ld be willing to bet that you are the proud owner of a Jorge Posada game model bat which has been prepped and used by Enrique Wilson. That tape job and shaving of the handle look similar to other taped jobs of his that have ben on e-bay recently
    pjb

Quote Originally Posted by pjbmd View Post
    I'ld be willing to bet that you are the proud owner of a Jorge Posada game model bat which has been prepped and used by Enrique Wilson. That tape job and shaving of the handle look similar to other taped jobs of his that have ben on e-bay recently
    pjb
    It's true, I have seen Wilson tape them up like this, too.

Getting boring, but I'll say it for the 1000th time, STEINER HAS NO CLUE!!! The bat was probaly used by someone with a contract with another bat company. You can see on the picture that a ring was added in the middle handle. This is often done by players with Rawlings contract who want to use something else. If this bat did not have the Steiner letter, I doubt anyone would have touched it !!

George

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    Getting boring, but I'll say it for the 1000th time, STEINER HAS NO CLUE!!! The bat was probaly used by someone with a contract with another bat company. You can see on the picture that a ring was added in the middle handle. This is often done by players with Rawlings contract who want to use something else. If this bat did not have the Steiner letter, I doubt anyone would have touched it !!

George
    quick question for you. do you know the reason of this?

mosapie

great! So I have a Wilson or Sojo bat? Cost around 200.

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    quick question for you. do you know the reason of this?
    Some players with Rawlings contracts who use other bats put the ring on the bat because from a distance and on T.V. it looks like a Rawlings bat which they are suppose to be using due to contract with Rawlings.

Quote Originally Posted by mosapie View Post
    great! So I have a Wilson or Sojo bat? Cost around 200.
    From the pictures bat looks to be from 1999, Wilson was not on Roster so it looks like maybe Sojo. I have also included 2 pictures, 1 shows Sojo using tape on his bat and the other, from what I can see, maybe someone with a more advanced photo program can zoom in, looks to be Sojo using a Louisville (TPX Logo?) and you can see he added the ring on the handle. The bat in question is also a Louisville with an added ring.

George