Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Uncharacteristic Game Used Bat Value Increase or Decrease?

Would a value of a game used bat of a star player increase or decrease or stay the same if the bat he used includes uncharacteristic features such as a tape job when he normally doesn't have one?

The bat is their model and is MLB Authenticated also photo matched

Re: Uncharacteristic Game Used Bat Value Increase or Decrease?

I don't think it matters if it is photomatched and has the MLB logo. I think the value stays the same. IMHO.

I have an opportunity to purchase 2 photo matched HR bats, neither with MLB COAs but both photo/video matched to early career HRs. The characteristic that is out of the norm for one of the two bats is that one of the bats has a taped job which was used on and off throughout the season but used pretty infrequently. The bat will be purchasedfor my personal collection but I'm also wondering from an investment standpoint which is the better option. Or is the best option is going with the earliest career HR video/photo match?

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    Would a value of a game used bat of a star player increase or decrease or stay the same if the bat he used includes uncharacteristic features such as a tape job when he normally doesn't have one?

The bat is their model and is MLB Authenticated also photo matched

In general, an uncharacteristic trait on a player bat is going to decrease the value as some may expect it was due to either additional player use, or post player use. However if that is photo matched to a specific even, such as an early career home run, always go for the special event if it's is a 100% match IMO