PELE is charging how much for a autograph?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stasman
    • Dec 2011

PELE is charging how much for a autograph?

Did anyone see how much Pele is charging to sign a game used item at the upcoming Suntimes show in Chicago??? $599.00 REALLY???? come one now, when are these prices going to come back down to earth?
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: PELE is charging how much for a autograph?

Originally posted by stasman
    Did anyone see how much Pele is charging to sign a game used item at the upcoming Suntimes show in Chicago??? $599.00 REALLY???? come one now, when are these prices going to come back down to earth?
    We need to start over, like Adam and Eve or the Big Bang and then prices will come down.

Comment

• maverick14
      • Aug 2011

He must be getting advice from Willie Mays
      -Randy
      rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• onlyalbert
        • Jan 2011

Steiner want 600 for a Jeter sig and another 450 to add 3000 Hits. Apparently he is way better than Mays?!

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

I remember in the early ninties going to card shows and paying only $200 for Joe Dimaggio to autograph a baseball. Mickey Mantle was $85. Inflation.
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

Photo op is only $249. Bargain!
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• trsent
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by stasman
              Just to be fair, the Pele prices for other items are high but not as high as to sign game used items:

Oversize Flats/Balls/Shoes $299
              Jerseys $349
              Artwork $499
              Game Used Items $599
              Inscription $99
              Photo Op $249

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

These promoters/players are getting really creative to make more $$.

Charging for photos with the players is a new low
                metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                  Steiner want 600 for a Jeter sig and another 450 to add 3000 Hits. Apparently he is way better than Mays?!
                  Willie Mays charges a ton to signed autographs at public appearances, but price doesn't reflect what one did on the baseball field.

Until late in life, Bob Feller, a top five pitcher all time, would sign public autographs for about $20 each. His autographs do not have much value these days because he signed autographs at public sessions every opportunity he got.

What does Jeter make from The Yankees? 17M a year? Plus endorsements? He doesn't care or want to sign autographs for Steiner, so they pay him silly money to do it. It is not a comparisons of players it is what it costs to get a player to sign autographs.

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
                    These promoters/players are getting really creative to make more $$.

Charging for photos with the players is a new low
                    So, you don't think the players are being paid to take those photographs in a posed booth? It is a common practice at all the Con's for them to charge for autographs in an autograph pavilion and for them to charge for posed professional photos in a photo booth with the player.

I don't think it's a new low - Those posed photos take more time that an autograph. No one tells the customer they cannot take a picture while the athlete is signing, but at Mounted Memories trade shows, the players are behind a table where the public cannot walk behind to take a posed photo.

Comment

• metsbats
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
                      So, you don't think the players are being paid to take those photographs in a posed booth? It is a common practice at all the Con's for them to charge for autographs in an autograph pavilion and for them to charge for posed professional photos in a photo booth with the player.

I don't think it's a new low - Those posed photos take more time that an autograph. No one tells the customer they cannot take a picture while the athlete is signing, but at Mounted Memories trade shows, the players are behind a table where the public cannot walk behind to take a posed photo.
                      I absolutely think they are being paid for the photos too and keeping the cattle line moving for autographs is the main goal here. From the business model perspective it's a brilliant idea.

When I used to attend shows there was no photo op charge and we were able to take photos with players after he signed. Alot of great memories were captured in these photos. So from the collectors point of view getting a nice photo with your favorite player but having to pay the double for it is a new low to me.
                      metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• NEFAN
                        • Jul 2008

Bottom line, if you don't pay the ridiculous prices, they'll be forced to lower them.

Comment

• commando
                          • Nov 2007

I have heard that sometimes the promoter pays the athlete a set fee for the appearance. So for example, if Pele were paid $30,000 to sign autographs for four hours, the promoter now needs to figure out how much to charge to make his initial investment back, and perhaps a profit when it's all said and done.
                          sigpic
                          Anthony Nunez
                          Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                          www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• Roady
                            • Jun 2012

I will not pay.

It's very simple really.

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
                              I absolutely think they are being paid for the photos too and keeping the cattle line moving for autographs is the main goal here. From the business model perspective it's a brilliant idea.

When I used to attend shows there was no photo op charge and we were able to take photos with players after he signed. Alot of great memories were captured in these photos. So from the collectors point of view getting a nice photo with your favorite player but having to pay the double for it is a new low to me.
                              Last night I had an appearance with two hockey players outside Chicago. At the end of the appearance a young girl came through with a ticket and I asked her what she was getting autographed, and she said she only wanted a picture with the player.

I went into my stack and gave her an 8x10 photo to get signed by the player as I didn't want her to have to pay $15.00 for just her photo-op!

Comment

Working...