• 5toolplayer
    • Apr 2011

Re: #2 Troy Tulowitzki Collection

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• 5toolplayer
      • Apr 2011

Finally met TULO this week in DC when the Rockies were in town to play the Nationals and I gotta say after reading all the bad press about what a bad guy he is in regards to dealing with the fans, I wasn't expecting much. This guy was the complete opposite. Very friendly, signed everything ( when you got his attention ) and was pretty talkative on field Tuesday before the game ( Shout out Andrew Lang ) about the Derby, his bats and the custom football helmet I had made. Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you read. To sum TULO up in one word.....PRO !!!

TULO USING MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BAT......I THINK ITS UNBREAKABLE. HE'S WORN A HOLE THROUGH THE BARREL!!
      5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• xpress34
        • Sep 2008

Scott -

Glad you had a good interaction. I can tell you for a fact (I'm talking MANY times meeting him) that he holds the fans in Denver in disdain.

He talks a good game about how much he loves the Denver fans (on camera) but treats us much differently in person.

That said, you wearing Rockies gear in DC might have helped...

BTW - awesome helmet you had done.

- Smitty

Comment

• lengthwise1
          • May 2013

You said it best Smitty. I was reading and waiting to scroll down, reply and laughed when I saw your post. You said it perfectly with disdain.

Glad you had an awesome time Scott (sick collection too!), but being on the field and on the road is about one of the only ways you will get a positive interaction out of him.

It's quite sad when you see many class acts around him on a daily basis like Cargo & Cuddy!
          Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 5toolplayer
            Finally met TULO this week in DC and was pretty talkative on field Tuesday before the game ( Shout out Andrew Lang )
            You are very welcome Scott! That was fun!

I posted up the video from the field! Sorry for the picture quality.

Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• kswarriors
              • Dec 2005

It's always awesome to have a positive interaction with a player you admire. Congratulations Scott!

I just picked up my first Hanley bat - an I See You 2013 model Marucci. Maybe not quite Tulo, but the second best offensive SS in the game?

And for those who don't know Scott, he is a standup guy. Helped me get my first Puig MLB authenticated bat last year and I'm still loving it!

Derrick

Comment

• Jorio3
                • Jul 2014

I had a game used bat from his time with Tulsa that was the same as the all black in 2006. It had no handle and unfortunately I got rid of it pretty quickly. I should have held onto it for a while.

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                  • Apr 2011

Another piece of early TULO lumber added to the Jackson collection today. Thanks JT Sports for getting it back to me so quick.

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                    • Apr 2011

Troy's Derby Jersey arrived in PA a few days ago. I already talked to MLB about how the authentication was worded & they are going to change it for the guys who were in the Derby. Will be auto'd & inscribed in NY later this year.

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

Troy's Derby Jersey arrived in PA a few days ago. I already talked to MLB about how the authentication was worded & they are going to change it for the guys who were in the Derby. Will be auto'd & inscribed in NY later this year.
                      That is amazing. Glad they are willing to change the authentication in case he changed jerseys from BP to the Derby.
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                        That is amazing. Glad they are willing to change the authentication in case he changed jerseys from BP to the Derby.

Not worried about that at all. I know 1st hand Troy used one jersey the entire day on the 14th. There was no Peyton Manning jersey swapping with 2LOW. One and done. I just want MLB to add the additional information like they have in the past (2012 Mccutchen Derby Jersey). Should be a quick fix.

Additional Information: THIS JERSEY WAS WORN DURING BATTING PRACTICE FOR THE 2012 ALL STAR WORK OUT DAY AND HOME RUN DERBY BY ANDREW MCCUTCHEN

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                          • Apr 2011

Some new gear added this week. Two 2010's ( LVS & Trinity) and One 2014 Tucci Lumber MLB Authenticated Auto'd and inscribed photo matched HR bat ( HR's #17-18) Great Photo of the actual break. And 2 sets of 2Low batting gloves.
                          5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• lengthwise1
                            • May 2013

sweet pickups!
                            Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                              • Apr 2011

TALK ABOUT QUICK WORK!! UPDATED MLB HOLOGRAM. THANKS J.S.

5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

Working...