Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: April 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    That "Shadow Play" is a work of art, how very cool to get the jersey and the ball from it!
    Nice "Shadow Play" collection, Frik!

Picked up this nice Manny Machado. Uncracked and Shows much more use than the photos show. Nice photomatch via the wood grain to boot.
    Name:  BARRELBEST.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  51.5 KB
    Name:  MACHADOHIRES.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  129.3 KB

Awesome Machado bat!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    While I've had the ball since last year, I only recently acquired the jersey from one of my favorite Astros' photos.

According to Mike Acosta, Brandon Barnes only wore one road grey in 2013, and the MLB authentication database seems to support that.

To be sure, I videomatched the jersey, and it is the same one I own. I know that this is nothing earth-shattering, but it's fun to get items from photos I have taken.

The photograph, "Shadow Play," that I took at Safeco of Barnes making a nice catch.

The 2013 Barnes road grey, front view.

Barnes road grey, back view.

Hologram number EK686485 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
    Session Product Description:
    Session Name: HOUSTON ASTROS AUTHENTICATION
    Session Date: October 03, 2013
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: GAME USED JERSEY, COVERT MARKED ON 9/25/13 IN ARLINGTON TEXAS, ASTROS V. RANGERS #2 BARNES

Hologram Information for the Jersey.

The baseball from the catch.

Hologram number EK677687 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
    Session Product Description:
    Session Name: HOU AT SEA
    Session Date: June 11, 2013
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: BATTER - KELLY SHOPPACH, PITCHER - BUD NORRIS, BOTTOM OF 2. FLY OUT. F8

Hologram Information for the baseball.
    Very nice. Love the photo.

Banned

1.) Mike Piazza 1992 rookie jersey. Supposedly the first ever jersey issued to Piazza during his September call up in 1992. Mike's rookie #25 used to be on the jersey and was switched to #31 the following Spring. Mike made his debut in Chicago and recorded his first career hit that day. The jersey is photo matched to his '93 Flair and '93 Bowman cards.
    2.) Ladainian Tomlinson 2006 powder blue home jersey worn during his record-setting, MVP season. LT had 172 yards and 3 TD's vs Cleveland while wearing this jersey and possibly worn early in the season while playing Pittsburgh. It's hard to imagine a running back having a better season with the way the rules have changed. The jersey has countless photo matches.
    3.) George Brett game used bat from his final opening day of his HOF career on 4/5/93. Brett faced Roger Clemens all four times that day and recorded career hit #3,006 during his second at bat. Judging by the use, I believe it would be safe to assume the bat was used for that specific hit and broken his final at bat, even though it cannot be proven without footage from the game.

All three items were previously owned by forum members and I am grateful for the relationships I have been able to build on this site over the years.

Mlb Authentic that Machado bat and the photo match are simply fantastic!!

Frikativ54 your "shadow photo" is incredible! That would look sweet blown up and framed!

Thanks to everyone for their praise of my Barnes triumvirate - the picture, the jersey, and the ball.

That is one of my favorite pics, and it's been neat to do the photo and videomatching and to put everything together.

Yeah, Barnes will never be a star, but it's fun to put stuff together from games you're at.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Incredible photo Les!

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their praise of my Barnes triumvirate - the picture, the jersey, and the ball.

That is one of my favorite pics, and it's been neat to do the photo and videomatching and to put everything together.

Yeah, Barnes will never be a star, but it's fun to put stuff together from games you're at.
    Great work!

Sergei Nemchinov New Jersey Devils 00-01 Red Set 1 Game Used Jersey