Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Value assist: Bruins/Marchand photomatched skates

I'm looking at a few items in trade and I have no idea where the value is on this one: a pair of Brad Marchand skates photomatched to the 11/12 season (first full NHL season and a good one, matched to a goal).

Heavy wear, these were obviously used most of the season, Bruins equipment manager LOA... I haven't seen many current Bruins skates for sale and no photomatched ones and I'm probably not planning on keeping these so I'm curious what retail/trade would be.

Re: Value assist: Bruins/Marchand photomatched skates

Can i ask if there from the Bruins sale last year or the one that hasn't happened yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Umiami338 View Post
    Can i ask if there from the Bruins sale last year or the one that hasn't happened yet?
    I'd answer you, but I'm honestly not sure I understand the question... How can they be from a sale that hasn't happened yet? They're coming from another collector in trade to me.

To answer your question about the value. I don't think they are worth as much as you would expect. I have seen Ovechkin's skates sell for 500.00 as well as Yzerman. I have been collecting hockey game worn stuff for years. I think they are worth in the 300-350 range considering they are photo matched and come with a Bruins COA.

Sorry,
    I wasn't sure if maybe you had access to the items before they went on sale.....then i'd try to be your best friend.

I would push the value a little higher on them if the right buyer comes along. I think if being sold around boston you could potentially get $500 on the right deal but maybe around $350 if its trading with another collector.

Sorry to go off topic but has anyone heard when their sale is going to be this year?

Thanks for the replies guys, that's about the ballpark I was guessing also. So, I'm not surprised...

But, what does seem odd to me is that it seems generally hockey game used/worn prices are low on everything (except maybe jerseys), is it the fanbase just doesn't collect like MLB/NFL/NBA fans do? I'd think skates and helmets would be appreciated a little more... I know skates/cleats/sneakers have a limited collector base anyway, but still, they're hard to get. Even sticks from top tier guys don't fetch much in comparison to baseball bats (modern-era comparisons only).

Quote Originally Posted by Umiami338 View Post
    Sorry,
    I wasn't sure if maybe you had access to the items before they went on sale.....then i'd try to be your best friend.
    No worries, I thought you were asking about my time travel machi... Whoops, I've said too much!

joe27, shoot me an email: grindcrank@gmail.com

I think the baseball equivalent to hockey skates would be a catcher's shin guards. These are tougher to find than other types of baseball equipment, but just don't seem to get much love.

With both the skates and shin guards, I think the more customized they are the better, as more people would be interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com