Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

[quote=trsent;337321]I post how many posts they have made to show they have been active on the forum so there is no excuse not to join in and explain.

As for your aassumptions that is not fair to anyone in this discussion. I wonder if Ryan is the innocent victim here why he wouldn't look at the original listing that I emailed him and understand there is something wrong and he should investigate it and not try to stand behind a letter for a jersey that undoubtedly is not what he was advertising selling

it has a letter from a respected authenticator.. so he assumed its authentic. the doosh with 250+ posts bought it as an issue..trading it as used.. so who's assuming now?

Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    it has a letter from a respected authenticator.. so he assumed its authentic. the doosh with 250+ posts bought it as an issue..trading it as used.. so who's assuming now?
    Mick Wong, you are friends with Ryan, why don't you contact him and ask him for details. How do you know Mark traded it as used? Where do you get that information? I don't know how Mark sold it and neither do you. Please do not make speculations - Let's have the parties involved comment on the situation.

As for having a letter from a respected authenticator- That is no excuse - I emailed him an eBay listing for the same identical jersey being sold as a customized pro-cut. Instead of standing behind a letter he should have taken the time to look at what I presented to him and then make a decision. Instead he used a letter to defend his item as authentic even though I clearly showed it to him as not being authentic.

You mentioned a Rodman jersey before which makes me think you are posting using information from talking to someone - Maybe your friend Ryan? No where was a Rodman jersey mentioned in these threads. Please tell us how you know what trade was made and please do not post for other people unless you disclose such.

This is a very serious situation and you making assumptions without all the facts is going to hurt the concerns of a game used industry.

Before you continue, please advise about the Rodman jersey - Sure looks like you are posting for your friend, Ryan. That is an assumption I can make from your comments about a trade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Mick Wong, you are friends with Ryan, why don't you contact him and ask him for details. How do you know Mark traded it as used? Where do you get that information? I don't know how Mark sold it and neither do you. Please do not make speculations - Let's have the parties involved comment on the situation.

As for having a letter from a respected authenticator- That is no excuse - I emailed him an eBay listing for the same identical jersey being sold as a customized pro-cut. Instead of standing behind a letter he should have taken the time to look at what I presented to him and then make a decision. Instead he used a letter to defend his item as authentic even though I clearly showed it to him as not being authentic.

You mentioned a Rodman jersey before which makes me think you are posting using information from talking to someone - Maybe your friend Ryan? No where was a Rodman jersey mentioned in these threads. Please tell us how you know what trade was made and please do not post for other people unless you disclose such.

This is a very serious situation and you making assumptions without all the facts is going to hurt the concerns of a game used industry.

Before you continue, please advise about the Rodman jersey - Sure looks like you are posting for your friend, Ryan. That is an assumption I can make from your comments about a trade.
    JOE alpert...your use of first and last name is condescending and annoying as posted by many in the past... your ASSumption that we are friends is an assumption,,when you just posted not to assume ..he is an acquaintance whose contacted me in the past with questions.

mick wong
    President/ owner of another dude that sells stuff on eBay

Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with DC Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jersey

250 posts so..? lotta collectors with great collections don't post. .. you yourself tracked the movement.. from ms to LA... I know ryan,, he got scammed. assumption, maybe... but a damn good one
    JOE alpert...your use of first and last name is condescending and annoying as posted by many in the past... your ASSumption that we are friends is an assumption,,when you just posted not to assume ..he is an acquaintance whose contacted me in the past with questions.

mick wong
    President/ owner of another dude that sells stuff on eBay
    I sign my name to every post so people know who is posting - I don't hide behind a user name. Sorry if you don't like that I use my name in every post so everyone clearly sees who is making a post.

In the first post I highlighted above you stated that you know Ryan - So, if you wish to continue to speculate in this thread, why don't you explain how you know someone traded a Rodman jersey as you clearly stated above?

That would help clear up your motives accusing Mark of fraud when there is no proof of this. Otherwise, please do not contribute until you explain yourself of how you know what items were traded for in this deal.

It makes it look as if you have information that has not been revealed in this thread so you really need to disclose how you know this information otherwise it appears you have an agenda that isn't for the best of the industry.

Banned

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with DC Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jersey

I sign my name to every post so people know who is posting - I don't hide behind a user name. Sorry if you don't like that I use my name in every post so everyone clearly sees who is making a post.

In the first post I highlighted above you stated that you know Ryan - So, if you wish to continue to speculate in this thread, why don't you explain how you know someone traded a Rodman jersey as you clearly stated above?

That would help clear up your motives accusing Mark of fraud when there is no proof of this. Otherwise, please do not contribute until you explain yourself of how you know what items were traded for in this deal.

It makes it look as if you have information that has not been revealed in this thread so you really need to disclose how you know this information otherwise it appears you have an agenda that isn't for the best of the industry.
    so use your own first (joe) and last (alpert) name. your trend, as past post show, that when you get anally uptight about something you go that direction of first and last name.does that make u feel like you have authority and an expert?? so use your own name JOE alpert.... I don't give u permission to use mine.. as for loa's ..it seems you take another direction when it comes to another specific company that you, Joe alpert, are an unofficial dealer of. also 250+ posts doesn't make one more knowledgable than others,,,youve got double that...have you posted anything from YOUR collection??? do you have a collection??? seems you are just a seller and a profiter ,,no more no less... that's your part in the industry. your friend mark has another post about shill bidding less than a month ago.
    mick president/owner just another dude that sells on eBay

Banned

so use your own first (joe) and last (alpert) name. your trend, as past post show, that when you get anally uptight about something you go that direction of first and last name.does that make u feel like you have authority and an expert?? so use your own name JOE alpert.... I don't give u permission to use mine.. as for loa's ..it seems you take another direction when it comes to another specific company that you, Joe alpert, are an unofficial dealer of. also 250+ posts doesn't make one more knowledgable than others,,,youve got double that...have you posted anything from YOUR collection??? do you have a collection??? seems you are just a seller and a profiter ,,no more no less... that's your part in the industry. your friend mark has another post about shill bidding less than a month ago.
    mick president/owner just another dude that sells on eBay
    So you decide to personally attack me? It is public record on this forum every member's real name - Sorry you don't like that but I like to address people I'm having a discussion with about a serious industry injustice. If you don't wish to be addressed by your real name you shouldn't join a discussion.

I have been a full time sports memorabilia dealer for around 25 years now. It doesn't matter if I am part of this forum to make money for my business or to help protect the integrity of this industry that has been part of my entire adult life from when it became a business at age 16 to now that it is still paying the bills at age 44.

You claim that Mark is my friend. I have not communicated with Mark, Ryan or Dan over this matter at any time over this matter. I do not have a past friendship with any of them.

You fail to address your agenda since you stated earlier that the jersey was part of a trade for a Rodman jersey so I will no longer be able to address your posts until you reveal how you were able to reveal this information without personally communicating with any of those involved from Mark, to Ryan to Dan. Since you have attached Mark, it is a safe guess you and him have not communicated about this so please show some integrity and disclose how you came up with this jersey being part of a trade for a Rodman jersey.

Otherwise your comments do not contribute to the discussion due to the fact that you have communicated with someone involved with this whole situation but you will not disclose your intentions of who you are posting on behalf of.

There has been a serious violation of hobby trust violated and revealed in this discussion and it needed to be addressed with facts and information that can be confirmed.

Banned

So you decide to personally attack me? It is public record on this forum every member's real name - Sorry you don't like that but I like to address people I'm having a discussion with about a serious industry injustice. If you don't wish to be addressed by your real name you shouldn't join a discussion.

I have been a full time sports memorabilia dealer for around 25 years now. It doesn't matter if I am part of this forum to make money for my business or to help protect the integrity of this industry that has been part of my entire adult life from when it became a business at age 16 to now that it is still paying the bills at age 44.

You claim that Mark is my friend. I have not communicated with Mark, Ryan or Dan over this matter at any time over this matter. I do not have a past friendship with any of them.

You fail to address your agenda since you stated earlier that the jersey was part of a trade for a Rodman jersey so I will no longer be able to address your posts until you reveal how you were able to reveal this information without personally communicating with any of those involved from Mark, to Ryan to Dan. Since you have attached Mark, it is a safe guess you and him have not communicated about this so please show some integrity and disclose how you came up with this jersey being part of a trade for a Rodman jersey.

Otherwise your comments do not contribute to the discussion due to the fact that you have communicated with someone involved with this whole situation but you will not disclose your intentions of who you are posting on behalf of.

There has been a serious violation of hobby trust violated and revealed in this discussion and it needed to be addressed with facts and information that can be confirmed.
    lol.. that's your EXACT response whenever someone else brought up the same annoying trait that you feel to dominate people with your first and last name bit.,, you love to personal attack.. tit for tat JOe alpert
    I don't SEE u using everybody elses first and last name Joe alpert ,,only when you get chapped. sorry you take valid points as personal attacks Joe alpert.
    mick wong
    president/owner just another dude selling on eBay

Banned

Oh Vey!! intentions...agendas.. blah blah blah. ryan , just learned he got smoked for that bogus kobe from your post... I asked him did he pay much for it .. he stated he traded a 95-96 bulls home jersey for it.. with excellent provenance .. nothing more nothing less.. He emailed me in the past months my thoughts on the kobe and I expressed my concerns(I guess an email makes him "my friend"),, he chose to believe its real..thats his choice.. thus I know he thought it was real... he posted on ebay believing it real.so take this as an agenda or intention,,,whatev,,just bzzzzzz

mick wong

Banned

Oh Vey!! intentions...agendas.. blah blah blah. ryan , just learned he got smoked for that bogus kobe from your post... I asked him did he pay much for it .. he stated he traded a 95-96 bulls home jersey for it.. with excellent provenance .. nothing more nothing less.. He emailed me in the past months my thoughts on the kobe and I expressed my concerns(I guess an email makes him "my friend"),, he chose to believe its real..thats his choice.. thus I know he thought it was real... he posted on ebay believing it real.so take this as an agenda or intention,,,whatev,,just bzzzzzz

mick wong
    Thank you for revealing that you have communicated with Ryan since this discussion stated.

You say he just learned he got burned from my post which is odd because before I made my post I emailed him showing him the same exact jersey listed on eBay as a jersey that clearly was not game worn. I guess he didn't believe my email through eBay but he believes me when I posted the facts and proof here on Game Used Universe's discussion forums.

I think what would be best is now for Dan to join this discussion and tell us who submitted this jersey to him for authentication and maybe then he can also explain how he was able to write a letter of authenticity stating the jersey came from an "Impeccable source inside the NBA who has access to players before, during and after games.".

It would also help to know who had the autograph added since it is in question also.

I am glad you were able to add to the discussion tonight. Sorry if you were upset but I just was hoping for the truth to be revealed and I'm sure eventually we will get closer to the truth from this discussion.

I finally would like to mention it doesn't matter how many posts someone has on the forum - I mention how many posts someone has to show they are active on the forum and should reply to this discussion if they are honest and not the party that converted this jersey from a custom made pro-cut to a game used jersey. Showing a member is an active member leads to suspicion if they do not address this discussion which is too bad because somewhere along the line someone did something very bad for the integrity of this industry.

Banned

" Sorry you don't like that but I like to address people I'm having a discussion with about a serious industry injustice. If you don't wish to be addressed by your real name you shouldn't join a discussion."

lol...besides the originators of this site.,your the only one that uses your real name Joe Alpert. so I guess everyone who doesn't use their real name shouldn't join a discussion.. lets drop the first last name schtick.. u can call me mick.. that is my real name. .. u wanna use first and last name and feel important,,will that's your call