Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

I don't collect Lakers anything but I can tell you if I ever do, I know where I WON'T be getting my jersey(s) from.

Re: Altered Kobe Bryant Pro-Cut Jersey Being Advertised on eBay with D. C. Sports LOA as Game Used Rookie Jers

This thread has it all to make a great book.

I can't wait to see the ending.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    The heat has been turned up to an all time high......
    Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    This thread has it all to make a great book.

I can't wait to see the ending.
    Well, it's about 5PM Central and Mark replied to my email (I had to send it again to another email address as the email I sent it to it was returned undeliverable) and told me he will no longer be posting on Game Used Universe.

Ryan and Dan have ignored the email. If you are a trusted public figure and you are found to make a huge error authentication with a questionable autograph I would think you would take the time to respond to questions from the masses instead of avoiding the thread and my personal email.

These questions will not go away by ignoring them but by ignoring them it makes the situation look more and more as if there was something that is being hid about the whole circle of events.

Banned

I don't trust Mark so I'm sure the story goes deeper with him.
    The email you posted from Ryan re getting names changed shows he's sketchy and Dan is probably doing some pretty big damage control lol

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    I don't collect Lakers anything but I can tell you if I ever do, I know where I WON'T be getting my jersey(s) from.
    I respectfully disagree.

I've done business with DC Sports before and I've found Dan to be a man with a lot of integrity. A mistake was made but I don't think it goes any deeper than that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmeekins33 View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

I've done business with DC Sports before and I've found Dan to be a man with a lot of integrity. A mistake was made but I don't think it goes any deeper than that.
    A problem with this hobby is that faith is placed in certain individuals hands and when it is exposed that their operation may not be what they have made the world believe over many years people who had items from such a company then get defensive and make claims defending the authenticator and their practice.

I do not believe this is an isolated case - Dan came on here and stated he just started taking 3rd party items for authentication and when I questioned him about it he ignored the question which was don't you take 3rd party authentications for auction houses so this wouldn't be the first case someone sent him an item that he wrote a letter claiming it came from a secret and special inside Lakers source but really it was a send in from an outside source.

The autograph, which I have asked if Dan has Kobe's cell phone number to call him when someone sends in a jersey that he is able to obtain in less than a 40 day window, has been called out as not being authentic and he doesn't respond to this question.

Dan has ignored my question how much he charged Ryan for the authentication and autograph on the questionable letter as there has been a statement from Mark that Ryan was charged more than the usual $350.00 fee for such a service, about $750-$2000 was his guess. Why would the fee be so much extra and why Dan won't address this question?

Dan knows about this thread. He has posted in this thread. I was told he texted Ryan telling Ryan that he has ruined his reputation. I have emailed Dan and he has ignored it.

Why doesn't he man up and give full disclosure to all questions asked of him to prove this was an isolated incident? Instead he has gone into a shell which doesn't help clear his name. It raises questions about his practices which has me and others very concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    A problem with this hobby is that faith is placed incertain individuals hands and when it is exposed that their operation may notbe what they have made the world believe over many years people who had itemsfrom such a company then get defensive and make claims defending theauthenticator and their practice.

I can only comment on my experiences with DC Sports. I have found that Dan looks at outside items with a very skeptical eye. If you want to accuse me of "getting defensive" for sharing my experience then so be it.

Banned

A problem with this hobby is that faith is placed in certain individuals hands and when it is exposed that their operation may not be what they have made the world believe over many years people who had items from such a company then get defensive and make claims defending the authenticator and their practice.
    That's not really fair cause every auction house makes and continues to make mistakes. Grey flannel, heritage, Goldins it's just how it goes. You support psa and they make mistakes too. It's everyone's right to defend just as much as it is to attack if something's wrong.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from Dan and Ryan though

Dan has ignored my question how much he charged Ryan for the authentication and autograph on the questionable letter as there has been a statement from Mark that Ryan was charged more than the usual $350.00 fee for such a service, about $750-$2000 was his guess. Why would the fee be so much extra and why Dan won't address this question?
    Joel, I think I know why Dan is not responding to you regarding the authentication fees. Mears, PSA, Meigray and other authenticators have a pricing scale when it comes to high end items.

Here is PSA's pricing scale: http://www.psacard.com/Fees/Autographs#batfees

Here is Mears' pricing scale: http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php...valuation-fees

Here is Meigray's pricing scale: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...D=$catParentID

Mark mentioned that Dan has a "standard" pricing for authentication/autographs. A potential rookie Kobe Bryant game used jersey is not a "standard" item. This is a high end, potentially high value item that he would have been authenticating. Don't you think Dan has every right to increase his authentication fees, based on other authenticators pricing scales? I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Joel, I think I know why Dan is not responding to you regarding the authentication fees. Mears, PSA, Meigray and other authenticators have a pricing scale when it comes to high end items.

Here is PSA's pricing scale: http://www.psacard.com/Fees/Autographs#batfees

Here is Mears' pricing scale: http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php...valuation-fees

Here is Meigray's pricing scale: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...D=$catParentID

Mark mentioned that Dan has a "standard" pricing for authentication/autographs. A potential rookie Kobe Bryant game used jersey is not a "standard" item. This is a high end, potentially high value item that he would have been authenticating. Don't you think Dan has every right to increase his authentication fees, based on other authenticators pricing scales? I'm thinking your witchhunt with regards to his increase in the authentication fees is going to go nowhere.
    If he has a similar pricing scale, it could easily be posted here. Seems like a lot of people are waiting to see it, among other things.